7.12.2008

Our Last Day and Drive home

Yesterday, we started the day early and met up with Brad's boss, Henry and his family. We had the best time. We drove to Pensacola Beach and rented a Pontoon boat and headed out in the Bay. The boat didn't go very fast.. but that was fine with me. The view was amazing.




Henry drove the boat over to a deserted part of the bay and we beached the boat. A storm was coming in and blowing jelly fish into shore. So we spent time looking for critters and sea life that couldn't sting us.


We found a hermit crab! I wanted him to find another shell because this one was soo cool... but he wasn't budging. So I settled for a picture.


So.. Brad is a marine biologist... and explained to us that there are 2 types of jelly fish and one type doesn't sting. So he picked that one up immediately and handed it to Jordan. It was so slimy! I love that Baby Jack made his way into this picture. :) (He'll be here in less than a month!!)

We walked across the "desert" over to the ocean side and just missed 2 sharks feeding on a school of fish. But we did get to see the sharks stalking some more prey but they didn't jump out of the water again. The beach and water were gorgeous. Some of the prettiest I have ever seen.




After our beach extravaganza, we headed back to the more populated area to watch the Blue Angels fly. It was amazing. We hung out in the ocean as we watched so I didn't get any pictures. Below is a picture of the acrobatic flying team that opened the show. We stayed in the water for a few hours and found about 50 sand dollars. We had a huge bucket full of star fish and sand dollars. So cool.


This morning I took a picture of Baby Jack's pack n' play (our surprise gift I talked about in an earlier blog) I LOVE the colors and we were talking about how great it is that they picked gender neutral colors because they can use it again if they have a girl someday.

We kissed the Boykins good bye and got out on the road early and there were 2 pictures I was determined to take... and they are below.



We made it home! And Murphy was so happy to see us. Josh came over and we watched Kyle Bucsh win the Nascar race... although the boys weren't so happy about that.

Jordan and Brad- Wow! What a week. Thank you so much for showing us such a great time. I miss you both already and can't wait to hold Baby Jack for the first time. Kiss him for his Uncle Kev and Aunt Lyss. I wish more than anything I could be there when he's born... ahh... stupid becoming teachers! :) We love you and will see you soon! *MUAH*

2 comments:

Regina said...

WOW! Yall had a funfilled trip! What a good friend you are to get her that gift! She will use it ALL the time! And thanks for schooling me teacher. I didn't know there was a jellyfish that didn't sting.

Mel said...

So glad you are home - and that you are blogging!

Miss you!