7.09.2008

Day 2 in Florida

We made it! 11 hours and 30 minutes. We only stopped twice!! We made it through the entire state of Louisiana and Alabama without stopping. Yeap... Kev and I were in 5 different states yesterday. It was surreal. I got a picture of all the different state signs and I am thinking about starting a collection.


Well.. I got four of them. I'll get Texas on the way back. We are having a fantastic time. Their house is right on the water.


When we got here we went immediately out back to the water. They have a dock with a beach area to the side where you can walk into the water. Jordan put a crab basket in the water and we pretended we were on "deadly catch". Kev and Jordan went to check it this morning while I was making french toast for everyone. They made a deal the night before that whatever was in the basket they were eating raw. And they were both so relieved to find the basket empty. :) Jordan's bait was brisket and all the little fishies slipped through the basket and ate it all.

Brad headed off the work at 1oam today (lucky duck makes his own hours) so Jordan, Kevin and I went into Destin and ate lunch in the Harbor... below is a picture of our view...



It was so good and I got a phone call I had been waiting for from my cousin Sarah letting me know that everything is going great with her pregnancy. She is 8 weeks along and the baby grew a whole centimeter since last week! I can't believe the Demarest clan is about to expand. We roll 25 strong as it is. I am so happy for her and her husband Cameron. They are so excited to be expecting their first child. They are going to be fantastic parents. When Kevin found out he said no one was more deserving than them. That made me smile.

After a FANTASTIC lunch we drove around Destin for a bit and Jordan and I picked out our beach spot for tomorrow. We got umbrellas, books, ipods, drinks... we are set!

Jordan had a doctors appointment today and she is set to induce on Aug 11th. Baby Jack weighs 5 and 1/2 pounds and Jordan is all ready to push him out now. She cracks me up... she does a little dance every time he kicks like she's trying to get out of his way. No such luck. Kev got to feel Jack kick for the first time. Jordan says she can't wait to kick him back! haha



We ate dinner tonight in Destin on the Harbor. Another fabulous meal that was half off because we are tourist. :) Then we went down to the Warf where the boys booked a boat to go Deep Sea Fishing tomorrow. They get to keep what they catch. After a little "nagging" the boys agreed to stop at the beach on the way home and we watched the sunset. It looked like something out of a movie!






Ahhh... I am exhausted. We are having the best time though.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Alyssa, I saw your blog on Paige's. It has been so long. Where do yall teach? Does Kevin coach football? I am so glad to see all is well with yall.