Kev and I had our first AISD sanctioned training today. Boys Town. I found it very interesting actually. Positive Reinforcement is part of my teaching philosophy and that seems to be the basis of Boys Town. Everyone is bouncing ideas around and its all very educational. Tomorrow we are role playing. Very up my Theater Arts/Speech alley. Kev-o's... not so much. And I am assuming a lot of the people in that room aren't excited either. But she's teaching EXACTLY as I am planning to teach my kids. She gives us the information... we talk about it... and then we get up and implement it. She's talking all about nonverbal communication and it just gets me excited. She was right on with the statics of 93% of communication is nonverbal. I'm so proud when people know that.
I guess I'm just a big nerd.
Oh and get this... Kev and I thinking about buying our first house... (take a breath, cuz I had to! Such a big deal!) :) probably next summer, if not sooner. But there is a government program that gives grants to first time home buyers. Kev and I were all excited to get the governments help. But... it seems with both our salaries.. WE MAKE TOO MUCH!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Ridiculous. We aren't making THAT much. Grrr.... Kev says that we still qualify for an FHA loan... but that's money we have to pay back.
But we are so confused by the whole thing. We want to talk to someone to understand all we need to do.. how much we need for a down payment... how much are closing cost?? We aren't really looking to buy tomorrow... we just want to make sure all the ducks are in a row when we are ready.
anybody got friends in the real estate business looking for a LONG term customer?? haha
There is a house we are in love with in lake arlington... good schools, gated community... and it's a foreclosure. I'd really like to see inside it. This is when I wish I was a wizard. All I would have to do it apperate on in there and "luminos" my wand and no one would ever be the wiser. It's too bad that when my 11th birthday came along... there was no owl bringing me a letter from Hogwarts. Guess I'll have to settle for Muggle life. As you see, I am adjusting quite nicely.
But I digress....
8 months
9 years ago






3 comments:
Hey girl- Lane was saying since it's a foreclosure, it probably has a good deal of equity in it & you shouldn't have to put much down. Make sure there's no liens on it. Usually the down payment is 5-20% & closing costs are anywhere from 1-4%, but you shouldn't pay over 2% & you may be able to get the bank to pay for that. Hope that helps!
Teachers get this amazing deal on foreclosures, or maybe it's HUDs...either way. Ask your agent(when you get one)about it. You get 50% off of the asking price as long as you agree to live there for 3 years. When you sell the money is all yours. It's for educators and public servants only. Even if it isnt your ideal house, in 3 years you could have a bunch of cash!!!
Thanks ladies!! Definately helpful. Guess we should just jump huh?? :)
Post a Comment