7.20.2008

Musical Bar-B-Q

So I am loving the Juke box function on this thing. I added it to myspace and it's so fun to find songs and put them on there. I love to make playlists on itunes... I have a sleepy one, getting ready... wake up.... ya know, fun stuff... but this is so cool. AND it's free! If you don't have one of these.. jump on it. :) go get ya one... http://www.playlist.com/

In other Lawther news... we bought a smoker last week and have put it to good use. We made brisket last week and the BEST ribs I have ever had tonight. They fell off the bone! There is something to be said for first timers.

Kevo rubs mustard on the meat to make the rub stick....



With his bare hands!!



We used hickory wood for the brisket and apple wood for the ribs...



Kevo putting the brisket in the smoker...



I didn't get a picture of the done brisket... but it was soo good. We still have left overs! And our next adventure was ribs.



Yes I even helped. I made the foil packet full of apple wood... see, I can get my hands dirty too. Although my part was MUCH less messy.

Into the smoker they go!!

Murphy could smell them.. We made the neighborhood smell great.

Can you see the smoke? Not really... but in person it looked like our house was on fire!

And our masterpiece!! Yummy!!


sleep now.

1 comment:

Regina said...

That look soooooo good! I love bbq. And I saw the new twilight trailer. I loved the book , and I am on the second one. I can't wait for the movie!