It's so cool to be backstage at Nokia Theater. We had some down time between rehearsal and performance... so I walked around. I can't believe I didn't bring my REAL camera... all I had was my cellphone. I had no idea that backstage was decorated. The walls are covered in hand painted album covers of artists that have performed at Nokia Theater and are signed by the artist and crew. The paintings are at least 4 ft by 4 ft. The detail is amazing. I took some pictures of my favorite artist... and some I just thought looked REALLY cool.
I love Jason Mraz!

I'm not a HUGE fan of her music, that said, I HAVE been caught listening to some of her songs. But I really thought the detail on the painting was AMAZING!
This is a picture of the artist's signature. I'm not sure who he/she is... but this person is SOOO talented. I wonder if their work is available for purchase.
So cool. And I was honored to share the stage with my fellow fine arts teachers. I can't take much credit for how great it sounded... I sang pretty quietly. If we had more than 2 rehearsals, I would have felt better about it.. but I haven't really read music in 9 years... so I was VERY rusty. The teacher who was next to me is also a Speech/Drama teacher and we wanted to put together a dramatic dance instead of sing. :) But thank you for all the compliments! It felt really good to perform again.











2 comments:
i was at that david gray concert, and it was the most amazing concert i've ever been to! he rocks my life :)
Why were yall singing?
Post a Comment