8.30.2008

I made it!

Uggg.... I hate flying. But the flight last night was ok. It was the first time I have flown in a LONG time without taking Dramamine. And I was fine. AWESOME!!

My flight was delayed an hour but I signed up for the fun "alerts" so the lady called me at 4pm and told me about the fun extra hour I would have to hang out at the airport if I arrived in time for the original scheduled departure. I decided to hang out at home instead. I was finishing packing up when I realized I left my headphones at school. So I closed the suitcase... decided whatever I was taking... was what I was taking.. and we hopped in the car.

School is kinda weird at night. I love all the hustle and bustle when the kids are there and it was weird to be so empty. I grabbed my headphones we headed for the airport. The lady called again to say that the gate had changed and I couldn't tell if the terminal had changed too... so I called Mom and she looked it up online. Alright, got the terminal right and we are good to go.

Got to the airport about an hour and 15 mins before the delayed flight was supposed to leave. And all the counters were closed. LUCKILY I wasn't checking a bag and I had already checked in online. Still it would have been nice to check in once I got there. Put my mind at ease. So I walked the terminal looking for warm bodies and I found baggage claim. Oh well..

Got through security with my home computer printed ticket and made my way to the gate. Once again... looking for warm bodies. Got to the gate... the flight wasn't on the TV behind the counter. But the guy behind the counter said I was in the right place. I told him I needed to check in and he kinda dismissed me and said I didn't need to. Ugg... just look at my piece of paper dude. I really want to get on this flight. I held my paper to him and he glanced at it. Said I was fine. I am thinking I will hold him to that.

I went in search of Dramamine. No go. No place open and really no place in sight that would sell some. Gonna have to rough it. fine.

The plane is boarding.. group 3 is called... and I hand the man my piece of paper. I inhale. He pauses... says let me see your bag... gives me a red tag to valet my bag and sends me to the tiniest plane on earth. I exhale. whew...

I find my single seat and again have to remind myself to breathe. I am a very short person.... and I have to duck to sit down. They close the door and I call Kevo one last time to tell him I love him and thank him again for sending me to see the Boykins. Call the Boykins and let them know AAeagle let me on and we are about to take off.. I'd see them in a little over an hour and a half.

Take off and landing are the worst. But some how my stomach handles it. I get my ipod out and start watching 27 Dresses. A little more than half way through the captain comes on and tells us we are about to land. Again, my stomach starts to churn. This is the part when I grab Kev's hand and squeeze. But I couldn't do that this flight. Kev is back in Texas and at 26 it's time for me to be a big girl. So I held my own hand. I could feel each wheel touch the ground. But... I survived. :)

Whipped the cell out to call Jordana and let her know it's time to come get me. She's feeding the lima bean and will be on her way soon. Call Kev and let him know his wife is finally a grown up. She flew alone. He's proud and tells me he loves me too.

My bag is waiting for me at the door to the "terminal"... We arrived at gate 1 of... 3? :) I walk outside and here comes the Tahoe. YAY!! Jordana and I get some catch up time on the 5 min drive back to their ocean side home. I can't believe how skinny she is already.. actually I can. It's Jordan. I walk in the door and there he is, in his Daddy's arms. The new love in my life... Jackson Stanley Boykin.

Will post pictures soon. I'm so lucky to be here. Lucky to have such an awesome husband and great friends who don't mind a revolving door to their home. I miss Kevie though. We stayed up 'till 2am playing with the sleeping baby. There is talk of going to the beach tomorrow... we'll see.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I can't wait too see pictures of lima bean man.