8.26.2008

Let the Good Outweigh the bad...

My mom is so wise. I have to keep telling myself to let the good outweigh the bad. And it does. I've had her words in my head for the past 2 days. I had a fantastic first and 2nd day. I am so excited by my students. They are eager to please and I feel so lucky. Granted... they will come out of their shells soon enough. But if the entire semester continues like these past 2 days.. I can totally handle this.

FINGERS CROSSED!!

Thanks for all the prayers. Kev and I need every one of them!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

One step at a time. You are in one of the most challenging and rewarding professions on earth. Know that your first year is a baptism by fire - truthfully! But just hang in there - it'll all be worth it when one of those little face lights up when, after a struggle, he finally "gets it." To know that you facilitated that moment is one of the greatest joys one earth.

Lurve you,
Mamason

PS - Have I told you lately how proud I am of you?

Regina said...

Your room looks great, and don't worry, you can totally handle it!

Jessi and Casey said...

hooray for you! my kids are lovely this year, too :) they are so cute and eager to please. i think it's going to be a great year!