8.27.2008

No... I'm the lucky one.

Kevin and I had our first Intern meeting tonight for our full teacher certification. Meetings are once a month... but next months meeting is next week. Can't believe it's September already. I can tell Kev is getting/already is overwhelmed. He has to be at school at 6:45 in the morning for 7th grade football practice and has 8th grade football after school gets out at 4pm. He hasn't made it home before 6pm yet. My overwhelming-ness :) I am sure will come in the 2nd week of school because I will begin Spirit team meeting and in the 3rd week... Speech Club. So soon enough I will be right there with him. But for the time being we are supporting each other. Listening to one another try our hardest to think through our day.. talk about what we could do different... what went well. I think this job change is really going to strengthen our marriage.

Tonight, we were in the kitchen heating up frozen dinners, because neither of us have the energy to cook right this moment. And Kevin looked over a Murphy and told our dog "I am so lucky to have you and your mama to come home to."

He came over and gave me a hug and I told him I was just as lucky if not more. And then Murphy started barking at us for hugging... when he does that we call him "Dad"... We've tried to include him in our hugs... it doesn't help... if anyone gets attention... he thinks it should be him. He's not spoiled AT ALL!

Thank you for all the words of encouragement. Keep'em coming! It really helps!

LOVE YOU!

No comments: