Today was Nate's 1st public outing... That wasn't a Dr's office. :)
This morning.. 1 hour later than planned he and I loaded up in the car and met Kevin at AHS for the Big Man Challenge. This is an annual event and I'm so glad I was feeling up to taking him. He slept through the whole thing until it was time to eat. We didn't stay long. But it was great to get out, do something normal and hang out with my fellow coaches wives.
And the Colts won! So that just made our outing that much sweeter.
Our 1st family photo! I have so many of me and Nate, Nate and Kevin, just Nate... But I realized we never took one of all 3 of us, even in the hospital!!
His Daddy was showing him off to one of our college friends who coaches in Waco. Actually he was showing him off to everyone. He was so proud. :)
On this same field, months ago...
You know you're a coach's kid when your already on the football field at just over 2 weeks old! :)
Nate came before I was able to have my shower at school. My friends put a box in the lounge and people filled it with gifts. My co-workers are so generous. We got the cutest things. They gave us enough in gift cards to get the snap and go stroller I've been wanting for months! And I had it today for our outing! Yay!!
I have to tell you guys. We are so lucky! Kevin's Mom and my parents have helped us so much!
Kevin has been amazing. I am seeing him through new eyes and my love grows deeper everyday.
Nate is an excellent sleeper. I did the math and with the nap I get to take during the day, I am still getting about 7 hours of sleep. Of coarse not all at once... But my body is definitely adjusting and I find I have more energy recently.
Basically, I'm still in heaven!
Later in the day Nate was so alert! Hanging out with us on Mama and Daddy's bed!
And normally, at this time of night, 9pm.. Nate is screaming. But tonight...
We decided that he gets hungrier at night. He eats at 7:30pm and 10:30pm. But at 9pm he roots, eats his hands and is inconsolable. So we thought we'd give him 1oz of breast milk to hold him over. Well, at 3pm today he did his normal 9pm routine. So we gave him an ounce. He ate it, burped and passed out. Stirred at 4:30pm to eat and went right back to sleep. Has been calm and alert since his 7:30pm dinner... fighting sleep now... So.... We'll see. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment