Seriously!!! Time slow down! For the past couple of days I've really been dreading nights. I don't mind pumping during the day... I don't mind waking up at night to feed my angel... But I hate knowing that I'll have to stay up for even longer after I get him back to sleep to pump. Blah. That whole process, feeding him, getting him back to sleep and pumping takes about an hour. Which is not so bad when he wants to eat every 3 hours... But lately it's been every 2 to 2 1/2. He is a growing boy. And this too shall pass.
But I had a moment today. I was looking at the clock and realized the day is almost gone. It's going by so fast. Before I know it, summer will be over and I'll be back to work. So I need to treasure the late night feedings... Stare at him while I'm pumping... Hold him a little longer.
We went to the Dr last Tuesday because we were worried about acid reflux. Luckily our Dr doesn't think he has it. Gave us some feeding and burping tips and they seem to be working.
Going to re-evaluate at his 2 month check.
But he did get his stats taken.
At 3 weeks and 5 days:
8lbs 5oz
21 1/4 inches long
37" head circumference
So he's gained 22oz (1lb 6oz) in 11 days! Most babies gain an ounce a day! Praying my body can keep up with this growth spurt. So happy he's growing and healthy!
This is my nightly set up. Anything to save time in the wee hours. Trial and error has lead to a pretty great system.
Fun facts about Nate at 4 weeks:
Sleeping in Fisher Price Rockin' Play sleeper next to our bed.
Will stay awake for 2 hours at a time.
I swear he followed my finger the other day, hasn't since.
Recognizes our voices and will turn head and eyes trying to find us.
Loves to kick his feet.
Eating a TON! Ate 6oz of breast milk in a 4 hour span today.
Spitting up less using these techniques:
Level 1 nipples
Hold him up and let him rest every 1/2oz then burp by rubbing back and lightly patting if needed. (He still hates burping, but he's burping better and spitting up way less)
Tummy time:
has led to him trying to crawl.. Aka snaking.
Used hands to push upper body up.
LOVING every minute.






No comments:
Post a Comment