6.03.2013

The many faces of Nate

Picture overload! Nate was very alert yesterday! He has the cutest facial expressions. Just hanging out, chilling! :)

Kevin, Nate and I went to Buy Buy Baby. The boy needed pants. :) And a few other things... It's amazing how you think you've planned for everything... And then, not so much. Just needed more sheets for his little snuggle surround, more of the burp cloths we like and more premie nipples.

My mom got him the premie nipples the other day and I'm so grateful. It's really slowed down how fast he eats and he is less gassy, hiccups less, and spits up less. I didn't even know there was a premie nipple.

Then we went to Barnes and Nobel, Best Buy and picked up lunch from On the Border. The kid slept right through it all.

What a relaxing Sunday. Can't believe 2 weeks ago we brought him home from the hospital. So much has changed... But I almost don't remember what life was like without him. I do remember sleeping through the night. :) But even that is becoming easier.

These pants... Were too big on Friday, two days ago!! He's growing so fast.

So remember that 8:30pm freak out I mentioned yesterday... Well we had it last night.

He was sound asleep and then all of a sudden started stirring and then screaming. We changed his diaper, made him 1oz of breast milk... He didn't want it.

Kevin suggested we put him in the car seat. I asked if he wanted to go drive around. Kevin said no, just put him in there and see if that calms him down.... It did. Almost immediately he stopped screaming and was asleep with in minutes. My husband is a genius!

And we were apprehensive to do this next activity, because we'd just got him to calm down... But he needed a bath. Since his umbilical cord fell off and his circumcision is healed, it was time for his first real bath.

He loved it. Kinda slept through it. Wasn't bothered at all while we washed him. I learned some things for the next time. I need a cup to rinse; and I need to wash his back. But otherwise he's all clean.

Looking forward to a day of just cuddling with my little man. No errands today. Even though I have so much to do... I need some snuggle time.

1 comment:

Jessi and Casey said...

I love him already! He's so handsome!