
I've gone back and forth on posting something about the election. That said...
I am so proud of our country! It does not feel real. I haven't let it sink in yet. The last political conversation I had with my mother was over a year ago. Kevin and I don't talk about it... I'm scared to bring it up in the state I live in. And yet... He's our next president!!!
I think that if the people who spend so much time hating him and believing the most ridiculous things about him... spent that time, reading his book, listening to people who have met him, looking at his website... or even just giving him the benefit of the doubt... maybe they'd see he's not a monster.
He's a man. He has faults. But he has plans and a vision that can bring us out of this slump we are in. That will put the US back in the good graces of the world. Who better than someone who can COMMUNICATE with the world.... who is respected in the world. As someone with a communication background, I see the world differently. I think all things can be solved through communication. AND I'm right. :)
I think John McCain would have been a great president as well. I think that he would have changed somethings... but not enough, in my mind. And the majority of America seems to agree.
I don't know if President elect Obama (wow) will be able to achieve all that he promised. But I believe in him and I believe that he will try.
Please give him a chance. We've been divided long enough. And Jessi told me that even Elizabeth Hasselbeck was supportive today.
*jumping off soap box*.... now. :)
PEACE AND LOVE FRIENDS... PEACE AND LOVE!! haha






6 comments:
Because he is our next president, I will pray for him and hope for the best. But that's all he gets from me as of now. I think it's great that you are passionate about it. But the things I know of him are true, not ridiculous, and they bother me. They obviously don't bother very many others, but they bother me.
Now, onto something we agree on....what do you think of Mexican food? I love it.
I was hesitant to leave a comment, but since I'm home with nothing to do, I figured I may as well. I'm going to have to side with your friend Mike and Regina... I am not so much focused on the terrorist things people talk about, but more so his policies in general. I will support and pray for him, because after all, he will be the president. But, I don't think he's going to bring the change that people think he'll bring. And I will be bold to say that our generation is a self-involved generation. We want results now and we don't think about consequences for the future. And we certainly won't take any kind of responsibility ourselves. And why would we? We are living in a time where everyone feels they are entitled to any and everything. We have no regard for family or the principles this country was founded on and what it stands for. And that's what I think the root of so many of his policies are about-- he certainly knew his audience. I never have agreed with the democratic views-- and especially not Obama's that are so borderline socialist. I believe in working and earning. Had Bush's term in office been more successful, we wouldn't be here now. People are desperate for any kind of change-- especially financial. But, I'm confident in thinking that Obama will serve his 4 year term and then a stronger Republican candidate will run against him... and win. Because I will say this, I wasn't too thrilled about McCain either. I just felt he was a better candidate.
so...i left a comment earlier, but i guess it didn't work. either that or you deleted it because you hate me. i think you hate me. anyhoo, i still love you for writing such a positive and hopeful message. he is such an inspirational man, and i agree that if people would take off their red-stained glasses and really look at him for a moment without any bias, they would see that he isn't going to take over our country and become a muslim dictator/terrorist/countryruiner. (by the way, how insulting is that for the muslim faith? apparently ALL muslims are terrorists now...hmm) i whole heartedly believe in and support obama and can't imagine how he can do anything but better this downward spiraling country. as i said before, i've turned into a crazy old grandma-lady that cries tears of elation anytime he is on the news, quivering chin and all. i don't know where it comes from, but i know i have been truly inspired to REALLY care for the first time, and that is a wonderful thing. he rocks my life :)
PEACE AND LOVE, friend.
Thanks for all the GREAT comments!! I love hearing all points of view!!
Jessi... I didn't delete your comment!! :( Where is it???? I want to read it. Thanks for being my Obama sanctuary!! :)
Regina- I completely understand where you are coming from and I love that we can both have our strong opinions! oh and I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! :)
Jess- I agree, our generation is very gimme it... and gimme it now. :)Never hesitate to post!! I welcome all thoughts.
Paige- I LOVE your comment!! And its so true, I really didn't know what I thought until I was old enough to really think for myself!
I LOVE YOU ALL.
It's great reading other people's opinions! That's the wonderfulness of this country:)
we're old.
Post a Comment