11.23.2008

This weekend...

WAS CRAZY!!! Thank goodness we only have 2 days of school this week! Although, I will miss seeing my kiddos! Anyway...

Friday- I slept in. FANTASTIC! I got some things done before I had to head up to school for the Talent Show Auditions. I got to read the wonderful comments my substitute left on my classes!! A teachers dream. After I got home I was determined to get a good night's rest... but I was so excited for Saturday, Martin High School held a Speech Tournament for the local area Junior Highs and I had 8 students that wanted to compete... I finally fell asleep at 1am and then I woke up every hour because I was afraid I would over sleep!

Saturday- Finally... 5:30am Saturday morning my alarm went off! My students were meeting me at 7am at Martin. The tournament went all day. It was my first one and I can tell you I learned A LOT! Bottom line... we'll be much more prepared for the next one. That said, my students made it through 3 of the 5 rounds of Debate AND placed 7th out of 27 in the Group Improv! I'm so proud of them. They competed in rooms I had class in. It as wierd to be back at Martin as a teacher. My last student's family arrived to pick her up at 4:30pm and I took a few minutes to walk around the school and reminisce. I went to the equipment room (where I saw Kevin for the first time and spent A LOT of my highschool life)... where we ate lunch sophomore year, upper gym lobby, the gym (where I got my first flower from Kevin during a pep rally), and the cafeteria (bahama bash and finals memories).

After that I had to book it home and get changed, Holly's wedding was at 6pm! I was so excited she invited us and I couldn't wait! Kevin couldn't go because he was scouting the football play-off game for Arlington High... but he did get to hang out at the Press Box of Texas Stadium. Luckily, Katie agreed to be my date!

We had such a fun time at Holly's wedding!! She looked gorgeous and SO HAPPY!! They got married in Arlington and then had their reception in at the Fort Worth Club. It was perfect. They decorated it with candle light and the coolest "rose table" I have ever seen! The food was great and Kate and I drank our weight in champagne! I know they are going to have a wonderful life together and we are so happy for them!! Thanks for inviting us! We love you! I got home around midnight and CRASHED!!

me and my date! :)

My parents


The Blushing Bride having a BALL!!


Mr. and Mrs. McKinney!!!!!

Sunday- I slept until 1pm!!! Kev kept coming in to wake me up but he said I was out! :) Ember called and said her wedding dress was in and wanted to know if I wanted to meet them to pick it up. We had the most fun day. We got her dress and ordered her veil, tiarra and pettycoat. Then her Mom took us to lunch. We went and looked at her china and made a trip to the winestore. Just a great day with Ember and her mom.

Came home... Kev and I watched 24 and did lesson plans. AND now it's bedtime! Ahhh.. 2 days and then 5 days off... my kinda work week!

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

That would be weird walking around Martin again....I remember Holly, another fellow manager!