I am at the hospital. Just got here after a long day of teaching and coaching. I was so tired. I really wanted to stay home and go to sleep but I wanted even more to see my dad.
I ran into Ember and Aunt Vicki as they were leaving and they told me Dad looked really good. Thank you guys for coming to visit! Aunt Vicki stayed up at the hospital last night so Mom could go to her friend's birthday dinner. Can't thank her enough!!!
As I walk through the door to Dad's room, I have a renewed sense of energy because my dad looks amazing!!! I swear I hope I got these "bounce back" genes because I want to be feeling this good day 2 after a major surgery. I mean, he was in the ICU for less than 24 hours after surgery and they moved him right back into the room he had before. Only difference, no sign about his left arm! But thats a good thing. He got a chuckle outa that story when I told him about it yesterday. :)
I was finally able to tell my kiddos what's been going on without crying. I teared up a little during 1st period but my eyes were dry as I told the stories through out the rest of the day. My kids were so good for the sub! They just make my heart smile!
As for Dad:
They have removed two of his drain tubes early because he's doing so well! The tube that was in his nose is gone and he even had a sponge bath and his hair washed. He looks band new! Well, brand new for a 60 year old.
Projected go home date is set for Wednesday or Thursday of next week!! They had his schedule on the board and for the weekend it said hang out. I told Dad I liked his weekend plans, but I like Wednesday's plans better. He mouthed, "me too."
Thank you all again so much!! Continue to pray for us! We can feel them and I know god is leading us!!
Love you all!!
Sorry for any typos, I used my thumbs on my iPhone!
8 months
9 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment