
Not a lot to update that I know of for today. I went to work so I wasn't camped out at the hospital so I may have missed something. But his procedure went great. His feeding tube is in and the port for chemo as well. He's tired and sore... but looking forward to his meal tomorrow. He's out of recovery and back in his room. I just had a quick visit today. He looked good. Thank you to Ember for coming with me. I enjoyed hanging out with my cousin, as always!!! Ember commented on how normal he looks. It's the truth. And when you see him, you know that everything is going to be OK. I know it's a long road ahead, but I just have a feeling about this....
Keep the prayers coming. Faith has been my rock. Well, faith and my parents. But these things have always been my rock.
God is taking care of us! LOVE TO YOU ALL! And thanks for caring and praying about my Daddy!
Side note: My students were giving presentations today on who they admire. They had to come up with at least 3 different people and then choose one to write about. Their role models ranged from Sponge bob to their parents. From Superman to Dirk... and after all presentations were done in 1st period... on student raised her hand and asked me, "Who do you admire, Coach Lawther?" I had to look at the ground to keep the tears at bay... but I said, "I can't really get into that right now." And then looked up and we continued on. Hopefully tomorrow I can tell her without crying... and if not tomorrow, the next day... but I want to tell her. I want her to know about all the people that inspire me to be the way I am. Including the two most important ones, my parents.
So for those of you out there who are worried about me... don't be. Pray for me. I promise that is all I need. To quote my cousin Erin, I am "taking it like a Coady." Just look at my Granny! And the Demarest side of my family aren't exactly weaklings... Have you met my Gma?? So I guess it's just in my blood.






1 comment:
Hey girl, I was just catching up on your blog! I am so sorry to hear all you and your family are going through:( I will DEFINITELY be saying some prayers!!!
Post a Comment