So, as my lovely friend Jessi reminded me today, I have dubbed 2010.... THE YEAR OF ALYSSA. This year will be all things great and wonderful because that is what Alyssa is. I have heard that positive self talk is good for you and doesn't AT ALL make you sound conceited. That said... I am determined that this year is going to be AWESOME. Well, how is it going so far you ask?
I had a great 7th grade basketball tournament that first weekend back and we placed 2nd. Losing to the ONLY team that we just can not seem to beat... but the heater was broken in the gym. It was about as cold inside as out... talking below freezing.
Saturday night I took my Gma out for a night on the town. We went to her favorite restaurant, Del Frisco's and we had a ball! We drank champagne and clinked our glasses to 2010 (the year of Alyssa). After dinner Grandma ordered the "Del Special" a drink she and Grandpa would always use to finish their meal...
I had a great 7th grade basketball tournament that first weekend back and we placed 2nd. Losing to the ONLY team that we just can not seem to beat... but the heater was broken in the gym. It was about as cold inside as out... talking below freezing.
Saturday night I took my Gma out for a night on the town. We went to her favorite restaurant, Del Frisco's and we had a ball! We drank champagne and clinked our glasses to 2010 (the year of Alyssa). After dinner Grandma ordered the "Del Special" a drink she and Grandpa would always use to finish their meal...
I think my flash blinded her...After our fabulous dinner we went back to her house and watched the tivoed Cowboy game. Well, the first quarter and then the last 5 minutes... it was really late after all. BUT way to go Cowboys, let's see if you can do it again! I had the best night hanging out with my Gma!
Then on Sunday I started to get a scratchy throat. GREAT! Monday I went to school but by Monday night I started to feel horrible. The kids had finals this week and I really needed to be there to help them out... but the Bronchitis knocked me on my bohiney! I feel horrible still and I sound like a man. blah. But I went into work on Thursday and Friday and I was there for them to take their exams. And they all passed with flying colors! I have a smart group of kiddos!
So.. the year of Alyssa.... will get better. Oh and in case you are wondering, I am totally open to sharing my year with anyone else.... :) Make it your year too.






4 comments:
You're too funny!
you sound like a man because of bronchitis, or you sound like a man because that's just how you sound?
love you! :)
Oh it has definitely not been the year of Shannon or the Flanigan's, but maybe the positive self talk is what I'm missing! :)
Good luck with your year!!
Post a Comment