Everybody has those moments when you feel like you can’t make it. That your plate is too full… You are juggling too many balls in the air and if you slow down for even a second they will all come crashing to the floor. I have felt that way this entire semester with coaching. I have tried my hardest to look competent and knowledgeable. But that is TIRING!! I have had to take all this one day at a time. I am always telling myself, I can do anything for one day, because if I let my self look at the next week or even the next day, I get overwhelmed.
Last year, I was able to retreat into my bubble when things got tough. I could see the big picture and had faith that everything was happening for a reason. Everything would work itself out if I would just let it… I am having trouble letting go this year. My bubble seems to have become nonexistent and the thing that I was able to let roll last year are sticking to me this year…
Maybe that comes with being a 2nd year teacher. The newness is gone… But I have found some inspiration.
I am always looking for anthems for my life. Songs that make me feel good or say what I am thinking, and I recently heard the song “Outside my window” and have fallen in love. I get so excited when it comes on the radio! It isn’t available as a single on Itunes yet, but I was able to purchase the video. If you haven’t heard it yet, check it out…
What’s outside your window?
Outside My Window Lyrics –Sarah Buxton
Outside my window
I see a red bird singin’ sittin’ on a wire
Wish I knew what he’s thinkin’
outside my window
I see a couple kissin’ huggin’ and a-lovin’
Man, that’s just what I’ve been missin’
These days when everythin’ is crazy
Some things are never ever changin’
chorus:
(You) still need stars when you’re wishin’ at night
A best friend to set you right, a good laugh, a warm bath
And a beautiful song you can sing along to
Good news that’ll make you cry
All the little things that money cant buy
No wars, no more, just a big rainbow outside my window
La la la la la la (outside my window)
Outside my window I see the bluest ocean
Sails in the sunlight rockin’ in the sweetest motion
Outside my window I hear a church bell ringin’
Nobody fightin’ over what hymn they’re singin’
I know I’m dreamin’ like a child
But some things just don’t go out of style like
(chorus)
Outside my window I see a flag that’s wavin’
Hands joined together, everybody’s celebrating, yeah
La la la la la la, outside my window
La la la la la la, everybody’s lookin’ outside my window
(chorus)






No comments:
Post a Comment