
What a great day I had!
It all started last night. I went over to my parents house to see my brother. He broke his collar bone playing hockey. :( He is in a sling but seems to be doing just fine. My parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Now, I know this may seem childish, but I REALLY want a bike. We have a bike trail in our neighborhood and one at the park near my school. I didn't realize how expensive bikes are! We are talking $300 to $600!! There are so many choices! My mom asked me what kind I wanted and I said, "uh, a purple one."
I had no idea all that goes in to picking a bike. My rents and I went over the local bike shop (that I didn't know existed) and I got a lesson on all things bike. I think I need a 10 speed... ANYWAY... when I got home Kevin had a card and a gift waiting for me. He was so excited he couldn't wait until my actual bday, today. After I opened the card he took me to Bed Bath and Beyond to get the expensive bath mats I have been wanting since we moved in back in June! I'll post pictures soon, they look great!
Then today, my actual bday, I was serenaded every class period by my students. They stopped by in the halls to give me a hug and tell me happy birthday. Some made me cards and one of my students made me a bracelet. (pictured above) I have the best students!
I had messages all day long from friends and family... like I said, what a great day.
Kev and I just got back from the Keg Steakhouse in the Highlands. I am stuffed! AAAAnnnnnddddd we just booked our flight to Hawaii this summer for our 5 year wedding anniversary!!!! YAY!
Kev is throwing me a bday party tomorrow night that he was planning to be a surprise but worried that he wouldn't invite everyone that I wanted so he told me about it. :) Dinner with my parents on Saturday night and his mom on Sunday... I am going to be birthdayed out! Like that could happen!
Hope you guys are having a great day and thanks again for all the birthday wishes. They really made my day!!
It all started last night. I went over to my parents house to see my brother. He broke his collar bone playing hockey. :( He is in a sling but seems to be doing just fine. My parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Now, I know this may seem childish, but I REALLY want a bike. We have a bike trail in our neighborhood and one at the park near my school. I didn't realize how expensive bikes are! We are talking $300 to $600!! There are so many choices! My mom asked me what kind I wanted and I said, "uh, a purple one."
I had no idea all that goes in to picking a bike. My rents and I went over the local bike shop (that I didn't know existed) and I got a lesson on all things bike. I think I need a 10 speed... ANYWAY... when I got home Kevin had a card and a gift waiting for me. He was so excited he couldn't wait until my actual bday, today. After I opened the card he took me to Bed Bath and Beyond to get the expensive bath mats I have been wanting since we moved in back in June! I'll post pictures soon, they look great!
Then today, my actual bday, I was serenaded every class period by my students. They stopped by in the halls to give me a hug and tell me happy birthday. Some made me cards and one of my students made me a bracelet. (pictured above) I have the best students!
I had messages all day long from friends and family... like I said, what a great day.
Kev and I just got back from the Keg Steakhouse in the Highlands. I am stuffed! AAAAnnnnnddddd we just booked our flight to Hawaii this summer for our 5 year wedding anniversary!!!! YAY!
Kev is throwing me a bday party tomorrow night that he was planning to be a surprise but worried that he wouldn't invite everyone that I wanted so he told me about it. :) Dinner with my parents on Saturday night and his mom on Sunday... I am going to be birthdayed out! Like that could happen!
Hope you guys are having a great day and thanks again for all the birthday wishes. They really made my day!!






2 comments:
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you're getting spoiled rotten! And Hawaii will be so fun! I'm jealous.
I love that you asked for a bike! Now when we move in next door to each other, we can ride our bikes together! I am bummed I couldn't be with you on your birthday, but it sounds like everyone in Texas did a good job loving on you! I miss you and love you!!!
Post a Comment