5.04.2009

Bad Blogger (w/pictures)

It's been awhile...

as more time goes by, the more I have to say and the thought of blogging was totally overwhelming me. Isn't that crazy? I think it may be that life is overwhelming me right now. School is almost out. I can literally smell summer every time I go outside. I don't think it helps my students behavior when their teacher is ready for summer just as much as they are.


So update on my life.... Spring Play is in 2 weeks... if you want to come see it email me and I'll give ya more info. I don't think specifics should placed out on the world wide web.
I am raising money to play in a bowling tournament called Bowl For Kids Sake to benefit Big Brothers and Big Sisters. I need $100 total. I have $60 pledged... and only $10 actually, physically in my possession. If you want to donate let me know. Please don't try to donate on the actual website since donations need to go through my school. It's confusing, I know... but if you are interested please let me know!! :) Any amount is welcome... $1, $2...

Alright... what else?

Jordan, Brad and Baby Jack spent the week with us not last week, but the week before. I LOVE IT when they come stay with us. Kev and I had to work all week, but it was the most fun to come home and hang out with them. Brad's sister gave birth to her second child, and that's why they were here. So we were all on our own schedules... but still we had a great time. I took that Thursday off.... We did so much while they were here... we ate sushi, saw 17 Again, ate wedding cake snow cones.... went down memory lane, the boys fished and hung out. We went by the new house and showed them how much space we'll have for them the next time they visit! We went to an Art Festival in Southlake. That was really fun. Jordan and I even left the baby with the boys and had our own night of fun. I'm always sad to see them go, but we'll be in Florida in late June so we don't have to wait too long to see them.

Brad cleaning the fish out at PK!

My hubby cleaning the cooler that was FULL of delicious BASS!

The fish!

Jack and I are "shocked" at how much fish the boys caught!

Jordana packing up at PK!

On Thursday we had lunch with my Mom at Piranha. Jack really enjoyed it! :)

Jack and My Mama:


Last week was FULL of work. Getting ready for the Spring Play... TAKS week... and our little "field trip" that could. Due to the Swine Flu we couldn't use the bus... but we made it all work and we went out to see our choir teacher star in "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat"... He "wrecked" it as my students say.

My Uncle David's birthday was last week and we went out to dinner at Victory Park in Dallas. It was really good. The Hummus was SO GOOD!

Here is my Uncle and his parents (and yes, that tiny woman gave birth to that really tall man) :)

My Gma and my cousin Jeremy outside the restaurant:


Saturday morning I put on my Matron of Honor hat piled into the car with my Mom, Gma, Gpa and their dog Missie and headed out to Bossier City, LA for Ember's first bridal shower that was for Josh's side of the family. It was so much fun. The drive was extremely comical. I'll just leave it at that (look at who was in the car). We were late to the shower but Ember completely understood and we got there just in time for presents. The shower was beautiful. Amazing food and such good company. It was a great time. Ember got a baking scoop from Gma that brought tears to her eyes due to the memories of being in the kitchen with Gma for all these years.

We stayed the night in Bossier and missed all the storms here in the metroplex. Kev said they were really bad. It was great to get to spend some time with the engaged couple. Em and Josh are so fun and they have the best time together. I love watching their love. I know that is corny... but when you are around them you just feel it.

Sunday morning/afternoon we checked out of the hotel and went over to Josh's Memaw's house for Sunday lunch. It reminded me of Christmas there was so much food. It was soooo good. Apparently she cooks like that every Sunday! AMAZING.

Unfortunately we had to eat and leave because my Mom had to be at a Banquet at 6pm that evening. At some point during the drive I lost my voice. I started to feel bad Friday night... just my throat.. but slowly but surely I have started to feel worse.

I am so grateful that we didn't have school today because I would not have been able to make it! I went to the doctor and it is NOT THE SWINE FLU. Possibly Strep throat and he'll let me know in a couple of days?????????? Since when? So in the mean time he gave me antibiotics. I am feeling better. My voice is like 80%. Oh how I wish Arlington ISD would just follow suit with all the other districts and close until Wednesday. Oh well.

Ooook.... I think that's all I got.

Deuces! :) I am so hip.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Wow, you have been busy. Very cute pics!!