5.17.2009

Tears of Proudness

First things first... This week was a whirlwind! But it was one of the best weeks of my life. I got to help direct my first play and our students preformed it this week. They performed "Into the Woods Junior" and did amazing! It's a great play made even better by the talent we had this year. They got standing ovations!! Everyone who saw it said they couldn't believe it was a Junior High Play.

I am so grateful to our choir director, who REALLY directed it... :) Our history teacher, my mentor, who worked so hard on the costumes and props AND ran the whole thing backstage, including the "quick" changes :)... one of our English teachers, who created the most magnificent stage... and our school... whose support is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Everyone who had any hand in it... just made it that much better. It was just one of those weeks that made me feel like I had really accomplished something.

I was so excited that my parents and Kevin came to see it. I invited lots of people (totally last minute!!)... but it completely makes sense that people couldn't come and I mean it was a junior high play!!! :) But I wish more people had come... just so I could show off. A few of our students are amazing actors and one of the girls has a voice you have to hear to believe. She made me cry. Of course they all made me cry at the end because I was so PROUD! Can you tell??
(I have pictures, but I don't want to post them... these are my students after all)

After we wrapped Friday night, we (the adults) went to Fuzzy to celebrate. My sides hurt from laughing so much. At one point I was trying to talk, while laughing, and it was so high pitched that no one understood me. RIDICULOUS! But the most fun!

Kev and I went to the new house on Saturday... it is so close to being finished! The carpet is in. We are supposed to close on May 27th. Our loan was approved! There is still much to be done, I think. They have to put all the blinds in....


The mantel has been stained... but there is a hole in the middle. Why would they stain it with the hole in the middle??

Our appliances are in the house... just still in boxes. GOOD thing too, because we are supposed to have a gas stove and we looked in the box and the stove is electric. I called our sales guy and they are going to fix it. That's why we LOVE KHOVNANIAN! He even asked me what stove I originally picked out for the other house to make up for it... fingers crossed that works out... cuz that was an AWESOME stove... 5 burners and a double oven.


Last night I went to Denton to celebrate my pseudo-sister's college graduation! Jamie graduated!!!!! I didn't take any pictures... but here is one of my favorites of the two of us:

Congrats Jamie!! We are soooo proud of you!

Today Kev and I went out to Cabela's to look at fishing equipment. Kevin is really into fishing lately and we had never been there so we thought we'd check it out.

That place is huge!! We had a great time. We ended up outside looking at boats. The fact that we are looking at boats is Brad's fault. One of my best friends, Jordan and her husband Brad live in Florida. We go visit them as often as we can and when they are in town, they stay with us. Kevin and Brad have become very good friends and have a way of hatching ridiculous plans. This plan involves both Kevin and me AND Brad and Jordan buying 2 boats: one fresh water that would stay in Texas and one bay boat that will live in Florida. They jokingly said they'd each pay for half of the others boat. Jordan and I nipped that in the bud. :)

SOOOO... we are at Cabela's and we make our way to the boats... We have set a price limit... and have made a pact that we won't look seriously until one of our cars is paid off. Since the monthly payments on a boat are similar to a car payment. But today... we dreamed:

This one is in our price range... I like that it isn't only a fishing boat and Kev likes that it has a fishing package...

This boat is double the cost of the one above and is not at all what we need/want... but i was a pretty cool looking boat... If you look really closely you can see Kev peeking his head around the corner... that's how big this boat is!


We took this one for Brad and Jordan.... 30 grand and this could be yours!


AND if we win the lottery... we'll have no problem spending $140K on this baby!!


3 Weeks left until Summer. It is so bitter sweet for a first year teacher.

No comments: