So many things to talk about! Maybe I'll start with the time before Xmas and move forward....
Dec. 19th- Last day of school... we got out at noon. I was so looking forward to a break but sad that I wouldn't see my kiddos for so long. When we go back I'll only have 2 more weeks with them before the semester is over and I get newbies to mold. Anyway.. I had a girls Christmas Lunch at Cacharel with my Mom, Aunt Vicki, Grandma and Ember. It was so great. We talked for a few hours and then went down to look at the reception hall where Ember and Josh are having their reception in July. (also where Kev and I had ours and I love to go over there and reminisce.) After lunch Grandma and I went shopping. We went over to her friend Joanne's new shop called "The Look" and I loved it! Joanne has an eye for fashion and she is an amazing seamstress. My grandma is the most stylish Gma ever and it's all because of Joanne. It was a great day!
Dec. 20th- The Boykins arrive!!! We had SOO much fun together! I barely got to see them all before Christmas because I was soooo busy! We took some great pictures which are stuck in my camera because our laptop is dead and the charger is broken. I have professional software on that computer so I only upload pictures there. We should get our new charger tomorrow and then I'll post pictures.
That evening we went to a one of my mom's best friend's Christmas party. It was so glamorous. Everywhere you looked was covered in decor or food. It was spectacular. But I never expect any less from Robin. She knows how to throw a party!!
Dec. 21st- Bridesmaid Dress shopping with Ember, Stevie and Emily. The day was actually quite comical. I met Ember and Aunt Vicki in fort worth for the Bridal Show because we had free tickets. We both looked at the tickets that day to make sure we had the time and location right. Neither one of us looked at the BOLD JAN. 4th date on there! Needless to say we drove out there for nothing. But we had a great lunch and then met up with the girls and tried on dresses. We had a lot of fun playing around. But we found some great choices.
That night I had a "photography gig" out in Highland Park. I took pictures of a HPHS Seniors Christmas Party. It was office themed and everyone danced the night away... I got some great shots.
Dec. 22nd- Gma day... normally I am able to give Gma all my days in preparation for holidays... but this year was so busy, she got one day. I set up all the tables and decorated for Christmas. And spent the day at Gma's beck and call. Ran a LOT of errands... just a busy day.
Dec. 23rd- FIRST DAY OF MY VACATION! I'm sorry but every day before that didn't count because it was jammed packed with stuff for other people. Which I love doing.. but I needed a me day! I hung out at home with the baby, his 'rents and my hubby... and the dog... who did not adjust very well to playing 2nd fiddle to baby Jack. He pouted and tried to sit on everyone so they'd pay attention to him. Did some Christmas shopping and wrapped gifts. I promised myself I would get our Xmas cards out soon (still haven't done that)... It was a nice day though... relaxing.
Dec. 24th- Xmas Eve- In the morning we went to Baby Jesus' Birthday Party (BJBP) at my cousin Justin's apartment. He and his girlfriend Rachel had breakfast for us. My family has been doing this since before I was born... I'm one of the oldest cousins, but Sarah and Justin have a year on me... anyway... we get ornament gifts from our aunts and uncles, sing Happy Birthday to Jesus (the Demarest way... loud, off key and never together) and eat cake. We also sing "The Friendly Beast". When we were younger we were all assigned parts of the book and even dressed up and put on a play. 20 some odd years later, we just sit around in a circle and sing... I love my family and our traditions.
In the afternoon, we went to the cutest bridal shop to try on a bridesmaid dress that Ember found. I LOVE IT!! We ended up ordering them before we left.
Dec. 24th evening- Kev and I pack up the car and head over to his Mom's house for dinner, gifts and Pokeno! I love this tradition. We always have such a great time and his mother is an amazing cook. She had SOOO much food for us. After dinner we exchanged gifts and I loved everything they got me. Especially the "The Lawthers" Texas cookie jar. Kev's mom has had it in her kitchen for as long as I can remember and I am so touched she gave it to me. Better get baking!
CHRISTMAS!!- In the morning we had a little Christmas exchange with the Boykins and Kev and I exchanged gifts. Kev is REALLY hard to shop for because he always figures out his gifts. This year, among other things, I got him a giftcard from Academy with a snowman on it, because he really likes snowmen. I was there purchasing an unwrapped toy for Robin's party. When I got home I hid it from him by putting it in his stocking. But Kevin looked at my receipt while I was in the other room. It said "NFL Footba" and "Snowman GI". He assumed I bought a Giant Snowman and would complain to anybody who would listen about me spending money we didn't have on a decorative item that we didn't need and that he couldn't seem to find it anywhere. I let him go on about it for a few days and then I finally lied and said I bought it for my Grandmother. I wrote him a note that said "Merry Christmas Kev-o.. your "giant snowman" is in your stocking"... I put the note in a box and wrapped it up. On Christmas morning he was so confused until he reached into his stocking and pulled out his giftcard. I really think this was the BEST Christmas present I HAVE ever given him... just because it's the FIRST Christmas he didn't figure it out!
Anyway, the Boykins got us tickets to Cirque Dreams as also a thank you for letting them stay with us. They are just too cool.
Kev, the dog and I headed over to my parent's house for breakfast. After our traditional "Eggs Golden Rod" breakfast, we opened gifts! I love this time with my family. I love to see their reactions to the gifts they receive.. almost more than opening my own. My brother gave Kevin and me his Wii... so cool! I put all the components, games and everything, in a bag and called it my Wii bag (like a small bag). I thought that was so funny until Kev called it our bag o'wii... so much funnier. We have not stopped playing it! They also gave me a frig for my classroom! YAY!
In the afternoon we went over to my Gma's house for Xmas dinner and family time. My aunt asked my brother what he gave me for Xmas and she was convinced for a good 10 minutes that my brother gave me weed. :) And it didn't help when I told her about my bag o'wii! :)
Xmas evening we went over to my Granny's for dessert. We get to spend time with my Dad's side of the family which I don't get to see as often. My Dad's younger brother's family lives in Bryan, Texas while his older brother is spread out all over the globe... His brother, my Uncle Marty lives in Mexico, his oldest son lives in Connecticut. His middle son lives in China and his daughter lives in Japan. Very international. Of coarse none of them could make it on Xmas... but those of us here in TX get together and talk about them! :)
Dec 26th- I don't remember this day... at all.. either I was ubber busy so I blocked it out.. or I just hung out at home with Jordana and clan...
Dec 27th- Kevin and I bought a house. No big deal. :) We started the paper work on the house that we are building and hope to move into this summer. We are still in the beginning stages and A LOT can go wrong... so keep your fingers crossed for us... but hopefully we'll be moving in late June early July. Here is the website for the community and the floorplan we have picked out is called the Yorkshire.
After the whole buying a house thing, we met up with the Boykins to see Cirque Dreams at Nokia Theatre. It was so cool. These people are amazing. One lady spun by her hair! CRAZY!! Thanks Jordan and Brad! We had such a great time!
After the show we went to dinner and talked about what we are going to do when Kev and I go out to see them over Spring Break. We'll be there on their one year wedding anniversary so we have to do something memorable! :)
Over the next couple of days we just hung out. I finally began to feel like I was on vacation from school. Things began to slow down. Jordan and I watched a ton of movies! Then Jordan and Jack left to spend so time at her parents house before she flies back and Brad drove back on the 30th. I was so sad to see them go.. I actually cried! :) We have so much fun with them and I love my nephew so much! Can't wait for March!
New Years Eve was very chill for us. I was in Denton during the day hanging out with Katie. She got a wii too and we played for hours! Then Kevin and I drove out to Southwind to take pictures of our lot and look at the brick on the other houses, because he have to choose the brick we want soon. (I promise to post the pictures as soon as I get them off my camera). Kev and I cooked steaks we got from Costco (we bought a membership with some Xmas money). We drank a whole bottle of wine that Josh gave me for my birthday last year. Note to self: Pinot Noir.. from France... I really liked it! After that we did the dishes and opened up a bottle of Champagne and toasted as the ball dropped... at 11pm!! :) I was determined to stay up till midnight but the last time I looked at the clock was 11:36pm. And the next thing I knew it was morning... Oh well.
Last year was pretty amazing. I can't believe how far we've come in a year. Both starting teaching careers, discovering ourselves and our relationship again... People say relationships are hard... and I completely agree. Kev and I are really lucky that after so many years we still enjoy each other so much. We are really happy!!
So 2009... the year of... a new house... Ember's wedding... my cousin's baby, Suzanna "Zanna" Grace being born... vacations with the Boykins.... Jack's first birthday... and who knows what else... I can't wait!
Oh and on Monday... Jan 5th (5 years since Kevin purposed) Mom and I will be singing along with Celine Dion... LIVE!! We bought the tickets back in Feb. 2008, I think... so long ago.. I can't believe it's finally here... and on a Monday night! Oh well!
And Kevin was reading this and typed the following message over my shoulder....
Kevin as always was the greatest husband ever and supported me going to the show because that's how awesome he is which is cool, and oh yeah Murphy is the best dog ever.
HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE!
8 months
9 years ago






4 comments:
Sounds like a super busy, super fun holiday! And your new house is right by us!
Um, I know what you did on Dec. 26.... threw your cousin Sarah and baby Zanna Grace a baby shower :) Man, you were WAY too busy!
Love,
Sarah
oh.. duh!!! :) It was so fun too!! I would have remembered when I loaded the pictures!! :) Thanks for being my brain! I LOVE YOU
New house? That's awesome!
Post a Comment