1.07.2009

New things...

Last Saturday night, Kev and I drove out to Addison to meet up with some of my best friends from junior high. We've been friends for almost 15 years! Jennifer brought her new boyfriend, Chris. Who I loved! Technically he's not new... but we had not met him yet, so he was new to us. We went to this place called blackfinn. It was really cool and warm enough that we sat outside. I love you GUYS! We had a great time! WE MISSED YOU GOOSE!

Jenn (Teeny) & Chris

Katie (Sam) & Ben
Me (Berta) & Kevin

Monday night was so much fun! I ran home after school to change clothes before Mom and I headed out to Dallas to the double A. C. to see CELINE DION!! We've had the tickets since February of last year!! Anyway, I went to let Murphy outside and saw that the ice gave us a new bush in our backyard.

THE HUGE OAK TREE SPLIT IN HALF! We are really lucky though. If it fell anywhere else in the backyard it would have destroyed something. It missed the new fence, the power lines and our house. It would have put a hole in our roof.


This tree is taking up half of our backyard! I took a picture of Kevin looking at it to show how big this tree is. Kevin is 6'4'' and he looks like a midget next to this thing.


The funniest thing is that the tree fell on Murphy's "path" around the back yard. He has a special spot where he rolls that is all dirt now and the tree is blocking it. He didn't know what to do. He walked up to the tree and looked back at me and whined. Poor dog! :)

Don't think that stopped me from attending the most AWESOMEST concert ever!! Not even icy roads could keep us away! I didn't take my camera because it said on the tickets "no camera"... I wasn't sure what they would do if I brought my camera, confiscate it? I didn't want to take the chance. And then we got there and the sign outside the door said that still cameras were allowed. Oh well. I found these pictures online.


We had awesome seats. Platinum level basically center stage... just a little off to the left. It was an amazing show. Mom and I had so much fun. There is something about her voice that brings tears to my eyes. There wasn't an open seat in the house! And when she sang her final (she did 3) encore my ears started ringing from all the screaming. Such a fun night!

And finally... I have a new phone. Mine said peace and refused to hold a charge. Then the chargers starting sucking the battery out of the phone instead of charging it! It's done with me. AND they don't make my phone anymore so I had to get a new one. They are making a new version but haven't released it yet. This new enV2 was free... something about a warranty upgrade. I know never to look a free phone in the mouth. But ehh, I really liked my old phone. The enV2 does have voice alert... so it speaks to me who is calling. I do love that. I think it'll grow on me.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Okay, seriously, so jealous!! I love me some CELINE!! Her voice is amazing.