What a difference a week makes! Every time I think I've got this little man's routine down, he switches it up!! Starting on Monday night, he has begun "sleeping" through the night. He still wakes up around 3 to 4am but he doesn't want to eat, he just needs to cuddle to go back to sleep. How sweet is that. He's been going anywhere from 6 to 8 hours between feedings over night!
He has two ways of dealing with this, he either cluster eats at night.. Like last night he at 9.5oz before he was satisfied enough!! Or he eats a lot in the morning.. I am loving him sleeping longer! He's also going longer between feedings during the day. Sometimes 4 to 5 hours... Something 2 1/2... But he'll let us know when he's hungry. We just have to listen.
Only downside to all this is I never know how much to give him. Before it was 3oz and I knew he was full. If he was fussy after it wasn't due to hunger... Now... I don't know. Sometimes he'll eat 5 oz a feeding and be just fine. And some times 4 oz makes him spit up 1/2 an oz.
Oh well... I'm sure as soon as we get it all figured out, he'll change it up on us. :)
Just some of my favorite pictures:
Meeting Nate's Great-Granny! My Granny is an amazing woman! She makes the best graham cracker pie! She brought us one. I just love her! :)
Getting better at Tummy time!!
The Boykin's came into town to meet Nate!! We normally see them every 3 months or so, but because of my pregnancy and Jordan's job, traveling last year was very difficult. So it had been a year since we'd seen them!! Ahhhh!!! Too long! Jackson is almost 5 years old. He's so squirrelly and as cute as can be! I love my shark bait!
He LOVES Nate! Adores him. He's the sweetest little boy. Every now and then, he'd randomly say, "Why is Nate so cute?" And he loved to help Nate keep his pacifier in his mouth. Jack knew he had to wash his hands before he could touch Nate so he's run to the bathroom without being asked. Such a good kid!
Jordan and I tried to take Jack to see Despicable Me 2. I had 3 groupons. When we got there it was sold out and we didn't have enough time to go to the next showing. They were going to Fort Worth for the evening and the timing didn't work out. Jack handled it very well. He did say, "Next time, no lunch!" As he believed we were late to the theatre (we were) and that was the reason we couldn't see the movie.
His reward for being so understanding... Pinkberry. :) good choice, Shark bait.
And then we have the 4th of July! Nate was a USA baby! We had a great time grilling out and hanging out with some of our friends! Nate was 7 weeks old on the 4th! It was a great, relaxing day.
Happy Independence Day from our little family!
At 7 weeks:
Nate is "sleeping through the night"
Enjoying his play mat
Can do about 1 to 2 minutes of tummy time before getting fussy.
Grabbing at things
Loves looking out the window
Has a good schedule of wake up, eat, play, nap..
Seems more aware of surroundings






No comments:
Post a Comment