7.13.2013

8 Weeks!

I know I say this pretty much every post, but SERIOUSLY... Time!! Slow!!! Down!!!
I love how much he's growing and changing! But I want more time with him. I still have a little over a month before I go back to work... But I can tell already that's going to be a really hard day!

But... I don't have to think about that now... I'll think about it tomorrow. (One of the best movie lines of all time.)

Nate is amazing. He's really starting to recognize us. Still waiting on that 1st, "oh, I know you" smile. He's very stingy with smiles. He did smile at the ceiling fan on Monday morning. He smiles a lot in his sleep... But full awake smiles are few and far between but I know it's close! :)

We put down a playmat for our son. And other done decided it was for him. Then had a standoff with the rubber ducky.

Beautiful boy!!

On Sunday we went to PK for a day trip. We wanted Nate to meet his lake family. We drove down after Nate's morning feeding. There is something about our place, it's just so calming. Nate got to spend some time with his Glammye and GDaddy.

He got to meet his Nan Nan and Lee Bee. Love these ladies so much. They were Honorary Grandmothers at our wedding.

Just love his little baby feet!

Cracks me up how he intertwines his fingers...

Kevin played softball on Tuesday night. It's a summer ritual and he hasn't played much this summer. Took Nate to see his Daddy play. It was later in the evening but still hot. We only went for the last 10 minutes. But Nate just chilled in the carseat. There was a nice breeze and I kept him in the shade. And he loves to be warm so in no time he fell asleep. :)

My Colt onsie finally fits me!!

On Wednesday, Nate went over to Glammye and GDaddy's house. I spent the day getting my nails and hair done. It was wonderful!! My Mom said Nate was an angel. Go figure. The power went out in their neighboorhood. So Mom took Nate on a Hunterwood tour. He met some of our neighbors and they oohed and ahhed over him. :)

Today, Thursday.. We went over to Aunt Vicki's to spend some time with his Aunt's and super cousins. Em's little boy is almost 9 months old and Rach's baby girl is a month younger than Nate, exactly. It was wonderful to see them, hang out and relax. Nate loved playing with his cousins. He was kicking his legs and doing his happy dance.

I definitely feel like we are starting to come out of the baby haze. I think Nate's sleeping habits are really helping with that. We go for his 2 month check on Tuesday. I will post his stats after the appointment.

Right now:
He's sleeping about 7 to 8 hours a night (anywhere from 10:30pm to 6am or so) He'll wake up to eat and then sleep about 2 hours more.
Loving the swing.. Finally
We introduced formula last Tuesday.
He's still getting mostly breast milk but I'm not producing enough so we are beginning the transition.
He's eating 5.5 to 6oz of breast milk a bottle or 5oz of formula. Wanting this every 3 to 4 hours.
His routine is eat, play, sleep.
Does great with Tummy time. He has a really strong neck.

Everyone in the Lawther household is loving life!

No comments: