So last time I posted I was 30 weeks. And now... I'm a Mom. So much has happened in these last 7 weeks that I don't really know where to start.
Around 33 weeks we went to Stork Vision and got to see our angel in 3D.
Couldn't believe how beautiful he is. Couldn't wait to meet him. I didn't have to wait too much longer.
The day before I made it to 35 weeks, I lost my Gma. That is an entire post all in itself. And I will do that later. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her... But after this past week I can honestly say I know she is watching out for me. I wish she was here to hold my son. It's all she talked about when we were together and she'd put her hands on my belly. But if she can't be here, if I don't have a choice, I'm so grateful she's in heaven with Gpa and keeping her family safe on a much greater scale.
Needless to say that next week was pretty hard. Everyone was so worried I would go into labor early but I didn't. I was able to work some and even held it together long enough to speak at her funeral.
That takes us to 36 weeks. Mother's Day. We went to church. The same church we'd just celebrated my Gma's life in 2 days earlier. It was a wonderful service. The Way Band brought me to tears with the song I Can Only Imagine. I could feel Grandma around us.
During the next week, Kev and I spent our time getting things ready for Nate upstairs and down. We had gone to babies r us and buy buy baby to spend our giftcards and got pretty much all we thought we could ever need. We safe so grateful to everyone who came to our showers or sent us a gift. We weren't ready for Nate, but we were getting there.
On Monday night we went to our infant care class. Learned how to sponge bathe a doll. But it really was informative and I'm so glad we went. Especially because 48 hours later...
Wednesday night, May 15th. Our last night as a family of three. We found ourselves in the closet. Mother nature brought us a tornado and we were so lucky that it passed right over us and didn't touch down.
I started having Braxton hicks that Wednesday night. There we were in the closet and we both said to my belly, not tonight, Nate. :) they were very infrequent but were accompanied with the slightest amount of pain. Wasn't happening enough to even consider going to the hospital. Went to sleep and was able to sleep just fine.
Woke up on May 16th. Got ready for work and went to school. Little did I know, my world was about to completely change. Talk about a whirl wind.






2 comments:
I am so happy for you, Alyssa and Kevin! I get emotional every single day about the fact that I'm a mom. It never gets old. :) I can't wait to read about D day!
Thank you for keeping us all up-to-date...your wonderful attitude gives me hope. All my love to you both! ~Bethany
Post a Comment