3.31.2013

30 weeks

This was a great week for me. It was exhausting, but being able to rest on Friday was wonderful. Kevin had to go scout in Odessa at the last minute so he hopped a plane Thursday morning and it was my first 24 hours without him this pregnant. Nate and I did Ok. And I was super busy, had to work a track meet... Ahhh the joys of being a coach & a coach's wife. :)

We had a track meet at Martin this past week. Kevin and I met on that field, in the end zone closest to school. My best friend introduced us when I was visiting the school, when I was still at Oakridge. 2 years later, on that same day, Kevin took me back to that field and gave me a promise ring. He promised to ask me to marry him someday... 14 years later... I got to show my son this place that changed my life.

Coach Wilkins was my Coach when I was at Martin. I was a football manager, in charge of the equipment, and he was the Coach in charge of us... Among all his other football duties. He now coaches at Boles and I get to see him every now and then. He's such a sweet man and I learned so much from him.

Kev had to stay overnight in Odessa because there wasn't a returning flight Thursday night after the game. His flight got in early Friday afternoon and he was home for about 2 hours before he had to walk out the door for the varsity soccer game. I slept the majority of Friday. I think that's why I feel good now.

I am 30 weeks today. I was not feeling good this morning. Exhausted, nauseous, heartburn and restless legs. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to church. I'm bummed. We were going to go to the contemporary service at New World UMC and rock out to The Way Band while our friend's little ones danced around. But I'm glad I stayed home because I feel great right now. I was able to go to lunch with my family and feel somewhat rested for the week.

I am so grateful for today and all it means. God is Big Enough and Jesus' love knows no bounds. My Mom just told me that a dear family friend passed away this week. She was a great person. She was a breast cancer survivor. She died from complications from Alzheimer's. I'm so glad she's in heaven where she is no longer in pain and her spirit is free.

Hope your Easter is full of God's love and Joy! 10 weeks to go until we get to meet our own angel.

He can't get here fast enough!

No comments: