Kevin took this picture of Nate's corner in our room. Makes me giggle because he's never even been in his "real" room yet. Right now, he's with us in our room.
Love this picture of him on the scale!!
This was his first bottle. And he fed himself!
Better picture of Sarah and Whitney :)
Just home from the hospital and checking out his new home.
We are using the snuggle nest. Best invention ever. The first night we didn't use it. We used a crib in our room. I think it was too much space for him. Going from the small plastic sleeping cradles at the hospital... So the next morning we busted this out for his naps and I'm so glad we did. For the first week he slept between us at night and on kev's side of the bed during the day.
Last night was the first night that he didn't sleep next to us. We put the snuggle surround in the crib and he did great! I had a moment where I didn't want him that far away, across the room?! :) What am I going to do when he starts sleeping upstairs? :) Dont have to worry about that now.
He did great sleeping in his crib. Kevin and I got some sleep too. But I did spend a few extra minutes staring at the monitor. :)
2nd ride in the car was with Mama and Daddy to Dr. F's office to remove my staples. Handled it like a champ.. We both did. :)
They were really impressed with how well I am healing. Had some nausea so they ordered an abdominal sonogram to check for gall stones. It actually gave me piece of mind. I had it 1 week after I gave birth. She said everything looked good. All organs were back where they were supposed to be and my uterus was almost back to normal size. No gall stones. :)
I mustache you a question... How cute am I??
Sleeping like a baby.
3rd car ride ever.. His own dr's visit. Our pediatrician is Dr. Moayyad and I love him. We went on Wednesday, day 6 of Nate's life. When he went home from the hospital he weighed 6lbs 1oz. At the dr's office he was 6lbs 5 oz. yay!!! We go again this Thursday and I'm praying he's back up to his birth weight. Anyway, Dr. Moayyad answered all our questions while he checked Nate out. So patient and extremely knowledgeable. He said Nate looked great and we were doing a great job.
I called his office previously to ask a question. His skin is so red and I asked if that was an indicator of a fever. She said no. To look for a fussiness, won't eat, won't sleep. she said to kiss his forehead if it felt hot on your lips to take his temp. Not to trust your hands. His Dr's office wants me to kiss my baby?? My kind of place! :)
It's hard to see in this photo but they stretched him out and marked his height. 20in. I know that's how long he is but seeing it on the paper was unbelievable. He's so scrunchy. But on the paper he looks really long. :)
Our two sons:
He actually smiles a lot. This was right after eating. So content.
Auntie P and Uncle Josh came over for a brief visit. Kristen finds the cutest baby clothes and is spoiling Nate already. And us! She and Josh brought us dinner of homemade stuffed shells. Delicious!
We've had a few people being us dinner, it's been wonderful! Katie, Justin and Rachel, Ember, my parents, Kevin's Mom. We are so grateful to you guys!!
Ember brought Luka over last Saturday. Luka is just so precious and he tried out some of Nate's toys. Can't wait to watch these guys grow up together.
And it was time for Nate's first bath at home. I put it off because it made me nervous. His umbilical cord can't get wet... Any way. It was so much easier than I thought it'd be. Kevin held him when I needed him to be off the table while I used a wash cloth. He didn't even cry that much. So sweet!!
Praying for his meal:
Nate had his first play date with the Heldt's and Womack's yesterday! What a great way to spend Memorial Day. Great friends and food + my angel sleeping away :). Thanks to the Heldt's for having us over! It was great to catch up! Julianne had Brooks the day before Nate was born. So it was wonderful to ask her questions. Our friend Sarah was also there. That girl is a wealth of knowledge! Love them all!!! Thanks again!
Maybe you'd call it more of a sleep date. :) Whitney and Payton played away while Brooks and Nate got some much needed shut eye.
When we got back my cousin Josh stopped by to meet Nate. Josh lives in Garland so it was the first time he'd made it over here. Nate loves his Uncle Jash! :)
Our son is so smart. Already using sign language. We love you too, Nate. Seems like such an understatement!! More than words can say. Guess well just have to show you every day.
Kevin went back to work this morning. He went in for football last week. But this is our first morning without him. We are doing ok. We got into such a great routine that I can't wait for summer when well all be together! :) My mother-in-law is going to come over in the afternoon so I can take a nap. I am so grateful for her and my parent's help. They have been essential in this transition.
Please continue to pray for us! Nate technically turned 38 weeks yesterday. We are doing great! So in love with our little bundle of JOY!
God is Big Enough.






No comments:
Post a Comment