6.16.2011

Hawaii 2010 Day 6

Kevin and I are headed back to Hawaii in less than Month!! I still can’t believe it. We got some incredible deals and hook ups and we just couldn’t pass it up. Luckily we got a nice tax return so it’s all possible!! This time we are going to Maui as well as Oahu’s North Shore.

So as I am planning trip #2, it occurs to me that I never finished blogging about out trip last year! So, if you are still interested, read on:   :)

We started our final full day in Hawaii at 4am. Now, this wasn’t as bad as it sounds with the time difference, that was much later in the morning, Texas Time. But our internal clocks had started to change by this point in the trip and 4am felt very early to me!

We packed up and headed out for a day of deep sea fishing in Hawaii!! Kevin really wanted me to come along, and even though I get sea sick on little boats in the open ocean, I agreed. Mistake #1. I took Dramamine about 30 minutes before we left the dock. Mistake #2.

When we got to the docks it was still dark. Kev was walking around and tripped on an uneven piece on concrete and split his toe open. But nothing was going to keep him off that boat, so 3 band-aids strategically placed later and he was ready to go.

The crew untied the boat and we were on our way. It was so lovely, for about 10 minutes. And then, I started to feel queasy.  I moved so the air could hit me and that helped but nothing could help enough because started throwing up before we even got to go bait fishing.

The captain gave me some strong stuff for behind my ears and told me I should have taken the meds the night before. Good to know now. So anyway, I am miserable at this point. But I decided to stick it out so we could bait fish. They also had a surprise in store for us: Feeding sharks!!

 DSCN0680 DSCN0685 DSCN0688 DSCN0695

Beautiful sunrise:

DSCN0700

So I threw up again while we were feeding the sharks. Luckily it was a private fishing tour so they agreed to take me back. It took up about an hour of their fishing time with the traveling back and forth, but no one seemed to mind. Kev realized that while he really wanted to experience this with me, it just wasn’t going to happen. Kev took some photos while we headed back to shore, including one of me and my barf bucket, but I didn’t feel the need to share that photo with you all:

DSCN0705 DSCN0706 DSCN0708

They dropped me off and I drove the jeep back to our hotel. I made it back around 6:30am and went right to sleep. It was wonderful! I slept until 11am. Ordered room service and took my time getting ready. It was wonderful!! Kev called me as they were heading back to shore, but I still had about 2 hours until they docked. So I went shopping in Haleiwa. Perfect day for me!!

Kevin caught fish!!! Ahi and yellow fin!

DSCN0715 DSCN0718 DSCN0719

The Captain went to work on his catch:

DSCN0723 DSCN0724 DSCN0725 DSCN0726

It’s custom to place flags featuring what you caught when you back to the dock. It’s really cool because you look at the boats as they come in and see what fish they caught:

DSCN0729

Our huge boat:

DSCN0731

The Captain went to making us sashimi right there on the dock. It was delicious!!!

DSCN0732 DSCN0734

Kevin was starving, we drove through McDonalds! Just to say we ate McDonald’s in Hawaii!

DSCN0736

Haleiwa Beach:

DSCN0738

We took some of our catch back to the hotel and the chef’s prepared it for us!

DSCN0744

Some pictures of our last sunset at Turtle Bay:

DSC_0789 DSC_0795 DSC_0797 DSC_0799 DSC_0800 DSC_0824 DSC_0826 DSC_0867

What started as a crazy day turned out really good.

Day 7: scenery and our flight home!!

No comments: