So, Kev and I are headed to Florida! If you follow my sporadic blogging you know we make this trip every summer and it's one of our favorite places to go. Florida itself is wonderful, but it's people we visit that make the trip worth it.
Jordan, Brad and Jack make my heart smile! We always have the best time and I can't wait to snuggle with shark bait! Kev and Brad became fast friends on our first visit to see them before Jack was born. Jordan and I have been best friends since high school but you'd think the boys met first by the way they act. They bonded over beer and BBQ and then Brad introduced my husband to salt water fishing and life as he knew it was forever changed. :)
This photo is from Jack's first birthday:
Get ready Boykins! Were headed your way!!
Also, this past week we had a date night with some of Kevin's fellow coaches and their wives. We had a blast! As the years roll by, my allegiance to our Alma mater grows smaller as being a Colt keeps getting better and better. Coach Peach has put together an amazing program with a family atmosphere. It's just nice to know that my husband works for a man who not only cares about football, but his family and Colt family by extension! And One of the reasons Kev was hired was because he played for Peach at Martin and Coach Peach knew his character and integrity. So in my mind we are supporting Martin and AHS at the same time! :) Now, I don't know if there will ever come a day when I can hold the horseshoe sign up high and not make the warrior sign with my other hand down by my thigh. But, I definitely understand how sweet it is in Colt Country!!
And finally, I'll leave you with some photos of our drive. 4:30am came very early and I slept until 8am or so in the car!! :) love road trips!
Mississippi River:






1 comment:
Have fun and tell Jordan HI for me!!! Coach Peach lives like 4 doors down from me...sort of weird!!!
Post a Comment