We had the TAKS pep rally last week. As the Spirit Team Coach it is my job to put it all together. I had some amazing help and it wouldn't of been near the success that it was without their help. The band played. The choir sang. The spirit team danced. The step team stepped. The choir director sang "I heard it through the Grapevine" with the words changed to go along with our TAKS theme. While he sang, 1 student from each team brought a grape that the teams made and put it on the grapevine that I made. Our principals were holding the vine. It was really cool. The vine is hanging in the main hall.

Then it was time for the teacher's to dance. We had so much fun and the students LOVED it. I think it's on You Tube somewhere. :)
It went by SO fast. I'm so glad that it went well and is now OVER! :) I've been calling it my "TAKS TEST". I met up with Jenn and Kate at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Jenn's birthday and my job well done. It was so great to just hang out and take a breath. I love those girls.
On Thursday my principal ask me if I had recovered yet. I showed her my left over cheesecake (that I brought for lunch) and she smiled. She told me I did a good job. She told me that my passion and enthusiasm is invaluable to our campus. She said that the students may not remember what I taught them, but that they will remember me. How amazing to have a principal like her. I LOVE MY SCHOOL!
After school I went out to the new house. I am making a facebook album with all the house pictures in it. I am trying to stand in the same place when I take pictures so they look like before and after... click here if you want to see it...
The air conditioning and the counter tops in the bathrooms are in. :)
master bathroom:

upstairs bathroom:

outside master bedroom:

I stopped by the sales office to drop off a check and locked my keys in my car. I do this A LOT! It is ridiculous! My Dad was going to go get the spare set but Kevin had just finished his track meet so he was able to bring it to me. Ahhh. I have got to stop doing that. BUT Brad, our sales guy, and I used the time wisely while we were waiting on Kevin and...
WE HAVE A SOLD SIGN! :) YAY! Brad waited with me in the house, but it was already 7:30 and he had to go pick up his daughter. He was so nice. He asked me if I felt safe if he left me there. I said, "This is my house!" :) Kev was only 10 minutes away. No big deal. But this is just another reason why we are building with them. Brad always goes above and beyond to help us out. I spent the extra time furniture planning. I can't wait to decorate!Friday was a great day! My 8th period class is really small so we went outside and did our lesson on the picnic tables. We learned about pantomime. They had to pick partners and come up with a routine where they were the mirror image of one another. This required alot of concentration and practice. They did great. One group even included jumping and spinning around. They were completely in sync. So cool.
After school I went out to Crowley for my cousin Nicole's 25th birthday party. I had so much fun just talking and hanging out with everyone. She has the MOST COMFORTABLE COUCH that she got from Rooms to Go Outlet and I want one for the new house! It's mirco suede tan with big dark and light brown pillows. I love it!
My cousin April and my Gma made her birthday cake. Red velvet... it was really good. It always is though...

Nicole laughing as we sang/yelled to her:
Gpa, Gma and the birthday girl:
Kevin and Gma (she looks SO small next to him):

Saturday was busy but so fun. I put on my MOH hat, met Ember in the morning and we went to pick up the bridesmaid dresses. They are gorgeous and I can't wait to wear it! We had lunch and went shopping for the baby shower I was going to later in the day. It was great to hang out with Em. We are both so busy that we don't see each other as much anymore. Need to work on that... :)
Saturday afternoon I went to my friend Beth's baby shower. She is due May 25th. The shower was great! She got so many things for Baby Wyatt. It was great catching up with old friends. We played the sweetest game that I am totally going to steal. They gave us each a trinket to put on a chain. They passed the chain around and as you put your charm on the chain you made a wish for Beth and a wish for her unborn baby Wyatt. Her mom totally made me tear up with her wishes. It was really sweet.
Saturday night I headed over to Jessi's for fondue! Jessi, EJ and I made a cheese fondue and a chocolate fondue. It was soooooo good. The shopping experience... that's another story. The child working the express lane was anything but speedy. Let's just say that I seriously think there was a hidden camera somewhere... he literally dropped my items into the bag. We were buying wine and he asked to see my id. No big deal, I showed him... he typed it in, the machine made a noise and he goes, "nope." He looked at me. I said, "well, that's my birthday." He said, "Can I see your ID again." I started telling him my birthday and he goes, "nope. I need to see it." Jessi says I sarcastically said "please..." But I didn't think I said that out loud. ANYWAY 5 minutes, and 3 items later... we headed back to Jessi's.
It was such a busy week... only 7 school Monday's left until summer. :)






2 comments:
It was fun hanging out last night. We must do it again soon. Way to go on the TAKS prep rally! It sounds like it went fantastic and everyone had a great time. What AWESOME feedback from your principal. WAY TO GO GIRL!
the only cool part about your week was the last part :)
Post a Comment