We had our back to school dance tonight. I would say over half of my students were there! I'm so proud! I had a moment when I realized my students were born in 1994 and 1995... They were born when I was in junior high!! WEIRD!!
In class today I had one of my students ask me if I was going to go to the dance... I told him I might make an appearance. He asked me if I was going to dance like they did in the 70s. I started laughing and I told him I had no idea how they danced in the 70s. Disco I guess. Anyway I told him I wasn't alive in the 70s and his eyes about popped out of his head. hahaha! This led to a discussion about my age. I let them guess... 60, 54, 66, 30 (that one hurt) and then I heard 25... I looked at him and smiled as the bell rang... I said "I'm 26... now get out of here." :)
They had a blast and I had a great time watching them. They were SO funny... whenever the DJ played a song they didn't like, they would scream and all walk out of the cafeteria into the hallway until the next song. And if it was one they loved they would RUN to the center and jump in unison.
My ears are still ringing!
8 months
9 years ago






3 comments:
How fun! I would love to see how kids act today.
Alyssa, I really enjoy reading your blogs. So glad that you and Kevin are enjoying your teaching.
Keep up the good work! Jeanette
So funny! My how the tables have turned!!
Post a Comment