Coach Lawther had his first scrimmage last weekend. They played Young Junior High. Rewind to 1994 and picture "short and dumpy" 12 year old Kevin (his own description, and some of you can see it quite well, since you knew him then) learning and playing football for the first time.
You see, Kevin's Mom wouldn't let him play football until Junior High (per her late husband's request) so he began his football career on the Young Junior High field. He played for the Coach who is still the Head Coach at Young.
So last Saturday, Kev walked on to that field for a new first time. He walked on as a Coach. He played his first football mentor... and he won. :) I think this is all just too cool!
But his debut was cut short. He had another first that day. First time to ride in an ambulance. One of his players (and his student) broke his leg and had to be taken to the hospital. Kevin went with him and stayed with the player until his parents arrived. Kevin was so worried about him. (it's moments like this that solidify to me that I KNOW he's going to make an amazing father) Kev promised to buy him new under armor socks since the paramedics had to cut off the ones he was wearing.
Needless to say he'll probably never forget his first game. And I really enjoyed seeing my hubby really enjoy himself. I'm so glad he's happy in his job. It's like we're back to our old highschool relationship... and I can't get enough.
I'm giddy....
I'm giddy....






4 comments:
I totally remember Kev when he was about that age since his older brother & my brother played baseball together. How cool he gets to coach. I think I remember the coach at Young...Coach Mc-something?
It's totally coach Sherril right? His wife is the cheer sponsor at Sam and they came to the cheer gym I manaaged for 4 years!! That's so great for Kevin! I bet he's loving it!!
Right on the nose Regina! :) And he is TOTALLY loving it!
Thanks Alyssa! We are so excited. That's cool that you got to hang out with my sister. I never see her! It sounds like you and Kevin are enjoying your new careers. Thats great! I hope this year goes well for you both. If you ever get a little baby fever, you can come watch little MO. Im sure that will cure it for at least a little while! :)
Post a Comment