So I think its time for an update. Maybe? :) Kevin and I went to our sonogram on January 15th. We took the day off so we could meet some family members for lunch and hopefully share the news! Boy or girl? We didn't care either way.
It was icy that morning and we were running late but some how managed to get to the appointment on time. Had to wait just a little bit and then they called us back.
I have had so many sonograms and the same technician has done each one of them. She's so sweet and has held my hand from the beginning... And I saw it right away! Just needed confirmation from the tech...
After our appointment we met my parents and few family members for lunch to "reveal" to them our baby's gender. We had originally planned a dinner that night for family and friends, but Kevin had a soccer game and we didn't know what time he'd be done.
We stopped by Nothing Bundt Cakes and they put together a gender reveal cake. It was so cute.
When we got to the restaurant, we hid the cake and let everyone go around the table and share their guesses... I think it was about 50/50.
And then...
It's a BOY!!! My cousin took a video but I'm not sure how to post it.
We are so excited! Kevin took video while the sono tech checked all his organs and everything looks great! We saw his blood moving through his veins, his brain, his spine... It was surreal.
I'm 25 weeks now and he is squirming and kicking away. It's the weirdest, most wonderful feeling. He really likes music and when a song has a good drum beat he will kick on beat. No like a steady beat, but when he does kick it'll be right in sync with the music.
I was at a training and they played "Let's get it started" and that was the first time I noticed it. I told Kevin and he was so disappointed. :) Kevin said, "Not the Black Eyed Peas!" He has since played our son lots of different types of music. He likes Texas Country, Michael Jackson, and *Nsync. He did not kick to 98 degrees.
Maybe we have a little drummer on our hands.
The nursery is coming along.. Kevin wanted to get the big stuff done on our winter break. He worked really hard.
We started out by picking the little girl and boy bedding before we knew what we were having. We wanted a paint color that was gender neutral. These were our bedding options and the paint color we chose:
After installing a ceiling fan, Kevin got to work on painting. I tried to help but after 5 minutes in a mask I couldn't handle the fumes.
Our boy bedding is called the Bow Wow Buddies. Kevin picked it out and that may be my favorite part.
My parents gave us a glider for Christmas. We bought the crib on sale, which was awesome.Then we went to Ikea with some friends of ours to get the other furniture. We went with dark wood because its gender neutral and will still work if we get to have a baby #2 and the baby is a girl.
So far, so good! :)
We are so excited! We are a little over 100 days until our due date!!! Can't wait to meet our son!






1 comment:
YAY!!!
Post a Comment