Today was a very special day. Today, my nephew Luka was baptized into the Methodist church. Some of my family gathered today at First United Methodist Church of Mansfield to bare witness to this glorious event.
It went so smoothly. Luka slept through the whole thing. His parents beamed at the alter as he was welcomed into the Christian faith. Ember looked beautiful with her hubby and Luka's god parents at her side. It was a day of rejoicing.
It was also wonderful to be at church. I have been an absentee attendee as of late to put it mildly. Life gets so busy that it's easy to make excuses on Sunday mornings to stay home snuggled in bed, or getting chores done.
To be honest, once again, this morning I didn't really want to leave the house. But I am so glad I did.
There is a calming effect that comes over me as a large room of people
pray together. The music was beautiful and the sermon was easy to follow and entertaining... But the prayers. They almost brought me to tears.
I've been so scared of losing this baby. So fearful of something I have no control over. And today while we prayed that god would take away our fears and help us to see that his healing hands are in all we do... I started to believe. I started to let go.
Doesn't mean I won't be devastated. It only means that I understand that God's plan for my life may not always line up with my wants. But I believe in his plan for me.
Right now I pledge to give my fear and worry... My constant pessimistic attitude that something is going to go wrong... I give it all to him. I replace it with his love and the understanding that above all, he loves me unconditionally and will provide what I need.
If you are struggling with something... I hope this motivates you to do the same. I'll be here to support you and pray for you... Always.
God Is Big Enough.
Merry Christmas!
8 months
9 years ago






2 comments:
I love this post. I too have been an absentee attendee. Laine and I went to the Christmas Eve service and it felt so good to be in His house again. We too are Methodist and the sermon couldn't have been more perfect for me. I believe He put me there yesterday and was telling me that everything will be ok. The devastation, hurt, pain..it will all be healed if you just put your trust in Him, so that's what I'm trying to do. One day at a time. Merry Christmas!
Just catching up on everything! Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope it is smooth sailing for you!!
Post a Comment