That might be weird title for some people but it’s my Dad’s favorite thing to say to me on my birthday. :) I turned 29 last week and I had the most fun!!! It seems like the older I get, the longer my birthday lasts. Kevin likes to call it my “birthday week” and I am totally OK with that!! I love going to school on my birthday. The kids are always so sweet. I was serenaded so loud that they heard it all the way down the hall. 6th period made me a Happy Birthday banner. I took a picture of them with it, but for obvious reason, I can’t post it. But it was super cute. I have the BEST students.
Friday night, my actual birthday, Kev and I went to dinner with my parents. We went to the Keg in the Highlands. SO YUM! They had a birthday card for me at the table. After dinner we went to Barnes and Nobel and my parents and Kev got me a Nook Color for my birthday!!
I have already read 1 book and 2 magazines on it. I LOVE IT!! Yesterday I figured out how to get books from the Arlington Library on it and am now reading “The Carrie Diaries”. My family and husband are the best! They weren’t sure which e-reader I wanted so they were waiting for me to choose. I looked at the Nook Color one more time and said, Alright… I want it. Kev and I Dad went off to the side and came up with a payment strategy.. very adult. And that was it. :) I’m a happy girl.
On Saturday we had people over to celebrate. I was supposed to bake cupcakes, but both of the 8th grade basketball teams at my school made it to the city championship game (and BOTH TEAMS WON) so Saturday was filled with basketball instead of cupcakes. I decided to stop at the Cheesecake factory on my way home and pick up a cake. We still have half a cake left… but it’s SO YUMMY!!!
Thanks to everyone who came over. It was so fun! And thanks to Ember for giving me the game “Encore”!!! Best Game EVER!!
My flowers from Jennifer:
My gorgeous Bday cake:
Kev lighting all 29 candles & me cutting the cake:
Eric, Lucy, Chris and Jennifer:
Katie, Ben & ENCORE!!!:
ALT, Justin, Rachel and Ember enjoying the cake:
Alain and Adrianne with Dave in the background. It was his birthday last week, so I had everyone sing to him too!!:
me and Katie:
Jenn and Katie:
me, Jenn, Katie & Lucy:
Jessi couldn’t make it to the party so on Monday she took me to dinner before Arctic Blast Panda Watch 2011 hit. We had sushi at Piranha and came back to my house for more birthday cake. We had a great time! Thanks Jessi!!! LOVE YA!
Thank you so much everyone!!! Thanks for the gifts, the cards, the phone calls, texts and facebook messages! Ya’ll made my birthday so special and I appreciate every single one of you!!!!






1 comment:
Happy Birthday!! Looks like it was a good one!
Post a Comment