2 weekends ago… back on September 12th, my Grandma was honored at the Ranger Game for having season seats since 1972. They gave her a certificate for being a “Quarter Century Fan” even though it’s closer to 40 years! She was so excited! We both were really excited!
When we got there, they immediately put her into a wheel chair and we were on our way to the field.
Gma waiting to go on the field:
me and Gma:
it’s about that time:
here we go:
she’s so cute:
The Yankee’s were warming up:
Mr. Chuck Greenberg:
shaking hands with Greenberg:
Telling him her life story, it’s just what she does:
almost there:
standing on the field:
We were in the Yankee’s way…
Ranger’s warming up on the other side of the field:
more Yankees:
Grandma with the Captain:
Ok, say what you want about him, but he is really pretty & has nice form. Derek Jeter. And to quote Gma, “Better Jeter than A-fraud.”:
Everyone else being honored:
Gma and me on the field!!!!!
inside the Yankees dugout:
our seats (well, the one on the left is our seat, the other one is behind the man in kakis, he was in the way).
Gma getting the special treatment she deserves:
It was really hot that day, and Gma walking all the way down to the front row was just not in the cards for us that day, so we sat in the Gold Club to watch the game. We sat at the table they have reserved for the handicapped. Gma says they reserve it just for her. Great view of the game and air conditioned:
Cliff Lee was pitching!!!!!
:)
Threw over 100 pitches and the Rangers beat the Yankees!!!!
Gma and I had a great time! Made memories I will never forget!
Then, yesterday, the Rangers won their division and are now headed to the playoffs. It’s been a long time coming and I hope I get to take Gma to a playoff game. She is so much fun!
Thanks for taking me Grandma! I love you!!!






2 comments:
That's awesome! How fun!
Oh, and I thought I commented on your cake and cupcakes, but I guess not. Anyway, they turned out so great! Good job!
Post a Comment