The greatest thing about the snow is that it gave us a four day weekend! My cousin Ember & her husband Josh were in town and stayed with us for a few days. He is in the process of becoming a police officer and they were in town for the last round of tests!! I got a little ambitious and decided to attempt a chocolate soufflĂ©. Ember is an excellent baker so with her there I wasn’t as nervous.
fluffing the egg whites…
It’s one of those things that timing is very important. LOTS of steps. I started it too early and when in it was ready to go in the oven, our dinner wasn’t finished cooking. (yes, that is a Stouffers family meal, didn’t say I was ambitious with dinner :)…) So we had to improvise. I was so worried that it would taste like chicken parmesan..
But it didn’t… :) I made it in a dish that was a little bit bigger than the recipe called for, I was also really worried that it wouldn’t rise…
TADA!!!! It was really good. Even Kevin liked it and he is not a big sweets guy. YUMM!
Because of the11,000 inches of snow, our power kept flickering so Kevin took my book light and attached it to Murphy’s collar. That way he could lead us… like Rudolph…
On Monday I was so excited to have a day at home with nothing to do that I started experimenting with s’mores. I ended up making these really fancy ones using graham cracker crumbs, butter, chocolate and marshmallows… I made a crust with the crumbs using a muffin pan & toasted them in the broiler.
Thursday was a VERY long day for me. Normal school day + speech club, faculty vs. student basktball game, 6th grade parent night.. THEN I headed over to AHS for the MR.COLT contest… guess who was a contestant….
He didn’t win. He really didn’t want to because it meant that he has to go back to next year. haha But he looked so nice in his tux. For the question & answer section he was asked, “What is your favorite memory from high school?” and he said, “That’s easy, meeting my beautiful wife Alyssa who is in the audience tonight.” :) He’s so sweet! We didn’t get home until 11pm… but it was a really funny show.
Friday night we went out to dinner with our friends Brian and Sarah. Brian and Kevin coach together at AHS and his wife Sarah is a teacher as well so we all have a lot in common. We went to Macaroni Grill and the boys made use of the crayons and paper…
They went to a football seminar earlier in the day and spent most of dinner rehashing what they had learned. Sarah and I had fun making faces at them as they were so intense. It was really fun. We didn’t leave the restaurant until 10pm. Can’t wait to do it again some time. :)






1 comment:
That souffle looks delicious!
Post a Comment