2.13.2010

Ringless

I went out to Saginaw today to get my rings resized. Seems I have lost an entire ring size on my hand and my Mom is very impressed that my rings haven’t slipped off my finger when I wasn’t paying attention. We buy our jewelry from Collections Fine Jewelry in Saginaw. If you have never been there, you should check it out. They do everything at cost+10%. Custom jewelry as well as designer jewelry.

They estimated my rings will be ready in a week. They are going to check all the stones as well. I didn’t think I could go a whole week without a ring on my finger.

It may sound silly, but it felt so weird to have that finger “ringless”.  I have had a ring on my ring finger since 1998. Kevin gave me a promise ring when we were 16 years old:

New Image

After Kevin proposed, we had Collections turn the ring into a necklace. We used some of the diamonds that my mother gave us for my wedding band. It was my something blue at our wedding:

n25303744_30086486_9421

I love my wedding set. The center stone belonged to my great grandmother. It has been in my family since the 1920s. Kevin bought the engagement ring at Collections and had my Ganny’s stone set in it. Then we had the wedding band made to match with stones from my Mama. The set is priceless to me:

my rings

Like I said, I felt weird having a naked finger… So, I went to highlands and got this ring to serve as a replacement ring for the time being. Kevin and I went out to dinner for Valentine’s Day tonight. We went to Mac’s and it was so good! I’m glad I had the replacement ring to wear:

19875_604140251184_25303744_35152761_1678470_n

It’s very pretty, but it was really cheap. I have my fingers crossed that they don’t turn green.

Can’t wait to get my set back. I didn’t realize I was this OCD!

1 comment:

Paige said...

It may be cheap, but it looks great! I like how your wedding ring has a story, very cool.