10.02.2008

Virtual Pat on the Back

I can't believe it is October already. I've spent the past 7 years not really caring about the date. I mean I paid attention to the seasons and when stuff was due in school... but now as a teacher, I write the date on the board every day and it was crazy to me to erase September and write October. School is going by so fast. The days are flying. I think that's a sign that I am truly enjoying my job. Everyday is something new. I had my observations this past week. My administration is so supportive. They really take care of me. She sent me an email and listed great things she saw me doing during my walk through.

One thing that they complimented me on was my materials desk. I kind of have to brag on this. I don't remember where I got the idea, but I have a desk in the back of the room and it has a basket with golf pencils and computer paper on it. (I had the students bring computer paper at the beginning of the year for an extra bathroom pass.) My students know it is there and if they come to class with out paper or a writing utensil they know to visit the desk before class starts to get the materials.


Well, during my walk through I asked the kids to get out materials to take notes and 3 of them got up to use the materials desk and were back in their seat ready to go before most students even had their binders open. I was so proud. And my VP noticed, obviously, because she complimented me on it.

So.. I am bloggingly patting my self on the back... GO ME!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Girl! Sounds like your year is starting off great. Glad you are enjoying it and it is flying by for you.

Great idea on the materials desk. :-)

EJ

Regina said...

Yay Alyssa!

Jessi and Casey said...

what a good little teacher you have turned out to be! yay for you :)