10.05.2008

Katie and Alyssa attempt a conversation...


This particular conversation happened a while back, but I was thinking about it today and thought I'd share it with you all...

My best friends Katie, Jen and I were at Barnes and Noble... we tend to go there after we have dinner to read magazines and drink coffee. (And buy books that we can't afford but can't live without) Well, we all picked our magazines and found some very comfy chairs in the self help section. I guess B&N are trying to encourage people to stay in this section... I don't know.

Anyway... I look up and I notice that B&N has decorated their store with huge posters of book covers that are considered great works of literature. These posters are above the shelves. I said none of this out loud.. instead I said to my friends "We should read all the books on the wall." and gestured to the wall behind Katie and around us.

She looked up, and then looked back at me and said, "There are probably a 1,000 of them and I don't really want to read self help books."

I looked back at her and said, "What?" She looked back at me and said, "Wait... what?" I asked her, "What are you talking about?" She countered with the same thought, "What are YOU taking about..."

I told her, "The books on the wall... the great works of literature...." I swear I hear her mumble, "I wouldn't call them that." I continue to gesture upwards, above the book cases... and then I see her light bulb.. "OH...." she says.

Just for that Kate... I think we should read ALL the books on the wall... You start in self help and I'll start in Roman Architecture.

I heart you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i heart you too :)

the tatsaks said...

Hey alyssa, How are you? I love your background, too cute!

Jessi and Casey said...

how brave you are for commenting on regina's elephant blog! hooray for you. go obama! he's totally going to win, and then we can all be terrorists just like him :)

p.s. i would comment-support you, but i don't know her and that would be weird.

Regina said...

SO I was going to leave you a comment, and I saw this comment. I think it's great that you commented too! So you like obama, so I hate him. No big deal! Can't we all just get along? I mean, I totally lifted the ban on you!! j/k!!