10.21.2008

It's about time...

for another blog!!

Although I must say... I don't really have a lot to report. School is good.. but this week is kicking my booty! Pep Rally tomorrow... Detentions after school on Thursday (one of my students busted out Journey while I was helping the sub across the hall get the projector working.) I have to say that I am so sad to punish him... he was actually quite good. But I guess there is a time and a place. And when I say.. "I'm going out in the hall for a moment, continue working on your review, do not get out of your seat, I'll be right back." And 1 minute later I walk in to my student is standing on the stage singing "Don't stop believe'n.. hold on to that feel'n"... well, my hands are tied.

I also had 2 students, working in pairs, speak to each other in English accents the entire class period... One kept saying "mate" at the end of each sentence and the other looked at him and goes, "You know that's Australian, right?" I LOVE MY STUDENTS!

This week is the end of football season for us. :( We do get to play our local rival school at the feeder high school tomorrow. Which is so cool for the kids. They are so excited. Hence the Pep Rally. AND teachers get to wear jeans... on a Wednesday... the whole world's gone crazy!

I am excited for basketball season though... the word around some of the coaches (aka. Kevin) is that my school is REALLY good at basketball. Like... undefeated 16-0 and beat teams by 30 points or more. Competitiveness is ugly amongst married couples... and I gotta say Kevo... what goes around comes around! HAHA (his school is SUPER good at football and just GOOD at basketball...) This is all based on last year.

2 weekends ago was a 3 day weekend! Fantastic! And I OF CORSE had something to do all 3 days. But I had the best time... Ember and ALT's engagement party... I played matron of honor and photographer! THE MOST FUN! And Jessi and I hung out on Monday... SUSHI and catching up.. my favorite. Her house is SO cute. It's so nicely decorated. I am jealous! We even managed to plan a Xmas party that we are going to throw together.

OK... so I did have some things to say! :) PRAY for me this week...

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I would have died laughing when that kid sang Journey! Keeps things interesting, right?

Jessi and Casey said...

hooray for journey, and thank you for happy house comments :)