8.04.2013

11 Weeks!

Kevin went back to work this week. I have so much respect for stay-at-home moms and single parents. Kevin is so involved with everything we do day to day with Nate. I did not realize how hard it is to be on your own.

That said it's wonderful and amazing and I am pretending that I don't have to go back to work in a couple of weeks.

On Monday morning Nate gave me the biggest smiles he has ever given. They were so sweet. I was so grateful to have gotten them on camera. Looks like our stingy smiler is coming around. :-)

This week I went up to my old school to finish cleaning out my classroom. My dad helped me move.I am so grateful to him. He amazes me. It's so bittersweet to see this room empty. I am so grateful to have a job in the district that I love with people that I'm excited to work with. But I'm going to miss my School family. I'm going to miss my students. But I plan to make it to some of their sporting events at their high school and hope to see them.

I am completely amazed that I get to go to work and not be coaching and I get to teach speech. I did not think that was going to happen. God was really watching out for me. I'm nervous to be in the classroom and not be a coach. There is a respect level that comes almost automatically with coaching. I have gotten used to that so I'm not sure how it's gonna be in the beginning. I'm sure once I build great relationships with my students, I won't have too many problems.

My new principle is wonderful. My classroom is kind of small so he gave me two classrooms for all of our activities. One classroom will be set up traditionally with desks for public speaking and lectures and the other room will be set up for activities. I will have tables against the wall that we can get out for group work if we want to. I plan to have the room open for all the fun activities that Speech provides.

Once I get the rooms set up I will post pictures.

My old classroom and my dad helping me move my supplies:

On Tuesday Nate had to go back to the pediatrician. He needed one more vaccine that they didn't have when we were there two weeks ago. So I was so sad that he was getting another vaccine but so grateful to get him weighed and measured.

Nate is 12 pounds and 9 ounces. He is 23.75 inches long and his head was 40 cm.

On Wednesday we went for a play date with Riley and Logan up in Denton. I love getting to see my best friend Katie and our boys had the best time together. Riley and Nate were awake at the same time, played at the same time and slept at the same time. It was wonderful.

On Thursday we went and took our photo for the Arlington high school football program. Southern Flair Photography takes our photos every year to show how our family is growing.

This year they took some photos outside and also photos of just Kevin and Nate and just me and Nate.

They turned out so cute and I can't wait to be able to post them.

Also on Thursday, Rachel and Ember came over with their babies for a quick play date. It was so wonderful! I love spending time with them. I'm so grateful that our kids are so close in age.

Reagan is just the sweetest thing. She always has the cutest outfits... I love it. She is such a sweet tempered baby. She fell asleep in Rachel's arms like this:

Nate is growing so fast. He is still sleeping through the night. He goes to sleep anywhere between 9:30 PM and 11 PM and will wake up anywhere between 5 AM and 7 AM.

He is eating 5 ounces of formula and one bottle of breastmilk a day. There have been a few days that he has not had breast milk because I thawed it and it smelled sour. I don't know if I let it go too long before I froze it. Or if I am defrosting it wrong. I need to do some research.

Nate rolled over! He was on his tummy for tummy time and just put his arm underneath him and rolled to his back!! He did that when he was 10 weeks and one day old! He hasn't done it since but he did do it!

We could not love anything more.

No comments: