12.04.2011

Dad finished Chemo!!!!

Well, I guess it's time for an update! Is that an understatement? Oh well...

Dad finished chemo last week! I was texting with my mom today. I thought he had one more to go. I thought Wednesday was his last day and when she told me it was over, I started crying. I am so elated for them! So grateful and I just became overwhelmed with emotion.

He will finish with radiation on Tuesday. I asked Mom what was next and she said healing and check ups, which brought on more tears. Don't get me wrong, we are not out of the woods yet.

Dad is tired and sore. Food does not taste good, nor is it at all appealing. His throat hurts so much that I think there is no comparison. He still has the tube in his stomach and that is how he is getting most of his nutrition.

I texted with Dad today. I told him I was praying for him and he told me to keep them coming, so I am. And I am asking that you do the same.

Pray for comfort and strength for my Dad as he heals. Pray that food becomes appealing again. Pray that his throat heals with little to no scar tissue. And please say a prayer for my Mom. She is the epitome of strength and sacrifice. If you were to ask her, she'd say she's doing nothing that my Dad wouldn't do for her. Nothing that is out of the ordinary of what one caring person does for another. But I know better, and I am so grateful to know her, love her, and call her my Mama.

My Dad is continuing his fight and words can not express how proud I am of him.

So in his words, "Thank you. Keep the prayers coming. It will take a while but it will get better. Love you too."


Sorry for any typos, I used my thumbs on my iPhone!

No comments: