6.30.2010

Our Aloha Anniversary – Day 1

Kevin and I went to Hawaii to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary! We had the best time. We are going to have to work extra hard to pay off some of our extravaganzas… and they were extravagant! But when you go on a once and lifetime trip, what’s a few bucks here or there!?

The Day before we left, my baby bro turned 21! Our cousin Josh and I took him out for a drink. My hubby and Honza met us there. I was the designated driver, as always, but it was really cool that he wanted to share this milestone with us.

DSCN0345 DSCN0346

On June 16th, My Dad drove us to the airport. Kev likes to arrive at airports REALLY early. Like hours before flights (remember this when I post about our final day in Hawaii) So our flight left at 11:30am and we found ourselves at DFW terminal D around 9am. I did a great job of not complaining. It was terminal D after all.

Kev at breakfast in the airport:

DSCN0350

Before we knew it, we were on the plane. We were able to use miles to upgrade to first class…. SO WORTH IT! The 8 hour flight was amazing. Champagne before take off:

DSCN0359

So much leg room & the seat had foot rest. The seats were also motorized recliners…. :)

DSCN0360

Our menu… they were charging $10 for a sandwich in coach and we got a meal and a snack included in our upgrade!

DSCN0363 DSCN0366 DSCN0370

I was so excited about the flower on our tray that I put it immediately behind my ear….

DSCN0367

As did my hubby! :)

DSCN0371

Hot fudge Sundae for dessert!!!

DSCN0376

We also got comforters and pillows…

DSCN0378

My attempt at taking my picture, with the seat laid flat… as in if you held the button long enough, your seat became a bed!!!

DSCN0382

Our snack before we arrived!

DSCN0384

OAHU HAWAII!!!!

DSCN0393

DSCN0394 DSCN0400 DSCN0403

Bye Bye Awesome seats!

DSCN0409

Hello Awesome JEEP!

DSCN0411

We rented our jeep and headed North… Away from the city! I am so glad we did that. My hubby is not a “city guy” and driving in Honolulu for a week… NO thanks! Instead, we prefer this view from the road:

DSCN0423

An hour later we arrived at Turtle Bay:

DSCN0428 DSCN0429 DSCN0430

Check in was a breeze! We got a room on the 5th floor with a view of the bay, ocean and the pool!

DSCN0431

Our room:

DSCN0434

Our TWO room bathroom:

DSCN0435 DSCN0436

DSCN0441

We were so tired! Technically we got to our room around 4:30pm Aloha time.. but that’s 9:30pm Texas time. The restaurant didn’t open for dinner until 5pm so we walked around the resort and were at the restaurant right when it opened. Determined to stay up as long as the sun was up, we walked around after dinner and took some pictures.

DSCN0445 DSCN0446 DSCN0447 DSCN0448 DSCN0452

And as the sun finally set, we crashed!

DSCN0453

We were up bright and early the next morning… 5am… which was 10am Texas time, so really, we slept in.

Stay tuned…

next installment: Day 2- The North Shore Surfer Town & Pineapple Plantation…

Have you ever heard of a “Dole Whip”?

5 comments:

the tatsaks said...

Looks gorgeous!!! I am SO jealous but cant wait to see more!!!

The Lewis Family said...

I am so envious you guys took this trip!!! Seth and I had said we would go to Hawaii for our five year anniversary. But, two kids later, we just didn't have the extra bucks. So happy for y'all!!!

Jalei & Lane said...

How nice! First class seems totally worth it...especially on an 8 hour flight!

Shannon said...

Looks like a blast! We almost went the same week, but decided to save it for our 10 year anniversary next year! Can't wait to see more.

jeanette said...

Your pictures were gorgeous and I am glad you had such a wonderful trip. Hope to see you sometime in August.