6.27.2009

The Beach and Pier Fishing

What a day! We loaded up the car and headed to the Emerald Coast today! I am exhausted and all we did was hang out on the beach and swim in the surf! We set up umbrellas and made our own little place....


Jack had so much fun playing in the sand!
His poka face...
We left around 2pm because there was a storm rolling in... We totally could have stayed... because it rolled right on by. :) But my back is fried so I am glad we high tailed it when we did. I'm so frustrated because I put on soooo much sunscreen! Ah well....

jordan hanging out under our umbrellas with the storm in the background...

Jackson staring at the ocean...

I really love the Emerald Coast. It is so pretty. Didn't love the June Grass that decided to wash in with the tide today... little pieces of sea weed look alikes... gross!
In the evening we went out the pier to do some fishing. Jordan and Brad both hooked some big fish. SO big that they broke their lines.
They were too big to keep anyway... but it was a bummer that they couldn't bring them up.
A cool looking bird scouting for some dinner...

We saw a SEA TURTLE today!! A sea turtle!!! Brad (the sea turtle expert.. kinda a big deal) said it was a Logger Head. Jordan thinks it was heading to the beach to nest. Every other Monday she helps patrol in the wee hours of the morning for turtle nests. :)

The sun setting from the pier... I think this picture is super cute! :)

We are going wakeboarding tomorrow!

No comments: